Anybody recognize these Officers?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rick,

Maximilian von Hagenow born 9 March 1844 died 14 Feb 1906.

He was the commanding officer of the 2.Rheinisches Husaren-Regiment Nr.9 from 19 Feb 1891 until 14 July 1895 which probably dates your photograph quite nicely. The attila colour was light blue and no shoulder board cyphers were worn so that makes sense!

He headed the 1st Cavalry Inspectorate from 22nd May 1899 until 19 Sep 1901.

I checked the 1866 Rangliste: He was a Sekonde-Lieutenant in the 1st Squadron, Husaren-Regiment Nr.13.

Regards
    Glenn

Comment

Here is a close up of his awards:
      Attached Files

Comment

Also interesting are the special pattern hussar field officers' shoulder straps which are very rarely illustrated in any of the uniform books. Unlike the ordinary pattern they are attached around the attila shoulder button by a single loop and are not stiff backed or piped. Introduced in 1813 this pattern continued to be worn by hussar field officers until the introduction of the new 1915 pattern field grey dress uniforms.

Regards
        Glenn

Comment

Herr von Hagenow has an interesting combination of awards.

Nice PCs of Grand Duke Friedrich. For me it wasn't the signature that gave it away, but that thingy below the medal bar, which looks something like this:

Dave

Comment

here is a closeup of the fishing lure worn around von Wittich's neck, since I am currently working my way through the Stogie-trove
            Attached Files

Comment

Both of these photos habe come to live at Ricky's House.

Paul-- in your mass of Instant Rank List Collection, could you look in any from 1891-1896 in the back, Seniority section of CAVALRY officers for Oberstlieutenant and Oberst rank dates of von Hagenow? Probably both ranks, as here, in Hussar Regiment 9.

Thanks, Rick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X