• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black enamel cross with a skull.

Hi, guys!

What do you think about a badge?

Regards
    Sergey

I think it tries to be a Freikorps award, but it does look modern to me.

My best guess - a fake.
    sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

[QUOTE=O.S.V.;5130327]Hi, guys!

Regards
      Sergey

I can't open the pic. Could you save it as a .jpg file and upload it here?

I'm assuming from the description, you are referring to an Avalov Cross. Most that seem to appear for sale are 1st class neck decorations, which generally are suspect.

I've only seen one real one (2nd class) recently which sold last month on eBay for 517 Euros.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks as fishy to my gut feeling. Sure this was a real one?
        sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.V. View Post
          Hi, guys!

Regards
          Sergey

Sorry, a fake.

Comment

[QUOTE=bolewts58;5131088]
            Originally posted by O.S.V. View Post
            I've only seen one real one (2nd class) recently which sold last month on eBay for 517 Euros.
            We have already discussed it in another forum. Looks a little bit more interesting than the other one, because it is a Spangenstück. But this cross is only a fake, too!

PS: Btw, in my opinion 517 Euro would be a bargin for an original one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Sergeant 08;5131223]
              Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post

We have already discussed it in another forum. Looks a little bit more interesting than the other one, because it is a Spangenstück. But this cross is only a fake, too!

PS: Btw, in my opinion 517 Euro would be a bargin for an original one.
              Can you tell me why you think it's a fake? Admittedly, the photos were rather poor. But the detail on the skull seems quite good and the cross seems of much better quality than one usually sees, such as the 1st class shown at the bottom.

Of course, one would need it "in hand" to really know.

But, I felt, it had a lot in its favour.

Could you give me the link to the discussion about this?

Comment

[QUOTE=bolewts58;5131568]
                Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post

Can you tell me why you think it's a fake? Admittedly, the photos were rather poor. But the detail on the skull seems quite good and the cross seems of much better quality than one usually sees, such as the 1st class shown at the bottom.

Of course, one would need it "in hand" to really know.

But, I felt, it had a lot in its favour.

Could you give me the link to the discussion about this?
                I will send you a PM!

Comment

Hi Segey, I recently bought one of these crosses, identical to yours but no rust in the center. Really nice looking. Did you ever get any details why some thought it to be a fake?
                  Stork

Comment

Originally posted by fb_Stork View Post
                    Hi Segey, I recently bought one of these crosses, identical to yours but no rust in the center. Really nice looking. Did you ever get any details why some thought it to be a fake?
                    Stork
                    99.9% of these on the market are fake. It's such a rare award that authentic ones never turn up. If yours is the same as the ones posted, then it's a fake. I hope you didn't pay much for it. Just to be sure, can you post a pic?
                    Last edited by Brian L.; 05-08-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

99.9% of these on the market are fake. It's such a rare award that authentic ones never turn up. If yours is the same as the ones posted, then it's a fake. I hope you didn't pay much for it. Just to be sure, can you post a pic?
                      I never have figured out how to load photos, but it's identical. I assumed it was a repro when I bought it, because of the price, which is no where near what it should have been. Seller in Germany said it came from a collection, but these are so rare who knows. Good quality and some patina.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fb_Stork View Post
                        I never have figured out how to load photos
                        You need to pay the membership fee and then you can upload images.

Comment

You need to pay the membership fee and then you can upload images.
                          Has anyone ever found a period photo of someone wearing one of these neck awards?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X