EKII Doc Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silberstrand View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer. I have only these photos of the document that you saw in one of my previous comments. If someone see something wrong can tell me, it looks original but I am inexperienced. I guess the price of 26 euros is normal, though perhaps best saved for another medal but a document to complete the EKII 1914 may be fine.

Quite honestly, if you are just looking for a single EK doc that is not the one I would go for.

Its pretty fuggly as an example... I would maybe go for it as I am trying to get one to each infantry regiment... but I would go "Ahhhh... why does it have to be so UGLY!" as I shelled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Boonzaier View Post
      Quite honestly, if you are just looking for a single EK doc that is not the one I would go for.

Its pretty fuggly as an example... I would maybe go for it as I am trying to get one to each infantry regiment... but I would go "Ahhhh... why does it have to be so UGLY!" as I shelled out.
      Well, Chris, now you're talking aesthetics, which is subjective.

Sure, it's not one of those lovely ornate jobs which are increasingly commanding the big money. But, I personally like the mimeographed field docs because they were done on the spot and given to the recipient. It's quite likely the mimeograph machine was in the officers dugout, right at the front. To me, (and it's totally personal taste), the immediacy of these docs is more "authentic", as it were.
      I don't think this is particularly ugly, either and I'm a graphic designer.

But, having said that, if one wants just a nice, more "official" example, one of the pre-printed ones in black ink, with the EK at the top and a nice Jugenstil-design frame around the edge are still under 40 Euros and visually much nicer than this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X