Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ekII 1813 opinion

Hi
    What do we think of this one? Same seller as the 1870 cross.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Eisernes-Kreu...item3cc13542ca

best
    erik

Fake as can be.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Please don't post links to live auctions unless you are 100% sure it is a fake. It is better to download the pics and post them to the thread since after the auction ends the pics disappear and the thread become worthless.
      pseudo-expert

Comment

I'll post the pics for further reference. Described as early type with blackened iron core and silver frame... For me, it looks more like WW1 frame. But the seller gives 3 weeks guarantee for originality.
        Attached Files

Comment

more pics... There are way too many "1813" and "1870" crosses on the market recently to be true.
          Attached Files

Comment

At best it would be a 1914 remake for a patriotic display. There are far too many of these showing up for me to take them seriously.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

In my opinion those just simply fakes - made to deceive, I think if some EKs would be made for patriotic displays of 1914s, makers wouldn't bother with a stepped core again, there are plenty flat core 1813s were made in 1830s-50s, why go back to stepped core in 1914s, only the fakers would do that to make it look more believable, also paint on those always looks kind of bubbled maybe burned or somehow hit was applied to make it look older.

Here is a picture of couple more like that.
              Attached Files

Comment

An absolutely identical cross (I mean of the same manufacture) was sold in auction at the Dorotheum, Vienna, more or less one year ago: Dr. Ludwigstorff, the expert, correctly described it as a fake.
                I remember that the same EK-II/1813 (it can be identified by some scratches on the plain face of the iron centre) was discussed in this Forum, a few years ago. Also there, the opinion was negative.

Best wishes,

E.L:

Comment

In my opinion these crosses are fakes from the 1980s +/- 10 years.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X