Imperial Medal Bar Estate Fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imperial Medal Bar Estate Fresh

Hi Guys, just got this in a few hours ago straight from the veterans family. This medal bar really caught my eye. As you can see there is a WWI iron cross ribbon with an WWII iron cross medal. Im assuming he won the iron cross in both wars. The last medal I can not seem to find any info on except it says "kings german legion". I was digging around in the box of goodies when I found the corresponding ribbon bar . Any info you guys can share would be greatly appreciated.

Jason
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The EK is a WWII EK and therefore doesn't belong there.

It should be replaced with a WWI EKII.

The King's German Legion medal does not belong there either. The correct ribbon for it is white with 2 yellow stripes on either side.

The 3rd ribbon is perhaps a Prussian veteran's cross or regimental medal.

If this came from a vet's family, they may have another bar with the wrong medals on it that belong with this bar.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Still trying to find the last ribbon and medal. No luck yet

Comment

I'm not a 3rd Reich collector. But, the EKII seems to be a nice one, judging from the pictures.

The Hannover Kings German Legion Commemorative medal was issued in 1841 for service in the Napoleonic Wars.

Is there a name engraved around the rim, by any chance? Most Hannover medals were named in the style of British medals as British monarchs were also Electors of Hannover up until 1840. It's often seen on Waterloo mounted pairs and groups. I suspect yours was mounted on such a group at one time as it has very evident contact marks around the rim.

It's a fairly hard to find medal in good condition and worth about 100-150 Euros.

Here's the medal with the correct ribbon.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Brian L.; 01-19-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info and the approximate pricing. There is no name are markings around the rim. i am still trying to figure out what this last ribbon is for. Im leaning towards it being some sort of veterans organization medal . There are no other imperial medals with the grouping.

Jason

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X