"Für Auszeichnung ...alig Königl. Schwedischen...?"

Gerdan

Comment

here is a better pic of inscription? thanks, brenig
      Attached Files

Comment

plate

in honor
        the former swedish kings guards regiment, now the queens guard?

Comment

fur auszeichnung
          der vormalig königl schwedishen liebregiment königin

can´t read the text on the cross
          best
          erik

Comment

This plate is a reproduction.

Comment

hello, well the last comment came as shock to me! this helmet came from a house
              clearance with the daughter telling me that its been in her fathers house for as long as she can remember, why reproduce this plate is it rare, can you please tell me why you came up with that statement so we can all learn,many thanks info
              much appreciated, best brenig.

Comment

Try posting it on this forum;
                http://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/

or in the imperial headgear section;

Bset regards,
                Michel

Comment

I don't think a reproduction. Looks more like a personalised item. I think it is interesting.

Comment

If the banner is an original, and not a reproduction, it would be for Fusilier (Infantry) Regiment 33 & 34. All officers of Reg't 33 wore this banner, and E.M.'s in IR 33 / II Batl. / 5 & 6 Companies. All personnel in IR 34 wore this frontplate.

In 1815 Sweden sold Pomerania to Prussia and the Swedish "Life Guards of the Queen" became Fusilier Regiment "Queen Victoria of Sweden," (Pomeranian) Nr 34. On 5 April 1843 by AKO, the Officers in Battalions I, II, and III, and the Enlisted Men in Batallions I and II, of IR 34 were authorized to wear the special Honor Banner which translates: "In Recognition of Outstanding Service to the Swedish Queen's Royal Body Guard Regiment." On 5 December 1865 the enlisted men in companies 5 and 6 of IR 33, were also authorized to wear this Honor Banner. The Honor Banner was to recognize the Regiment's service to the Queen of Sweden, during the Napoleonic wars.

Is the helmet an "issue" helmet? In other words, is it unit marked on the underside of the back visor, to "FR 33" or "FR 34"? Please let us know. Thank you.

All the Best,

Alan

Comment

Here is a couple of other "personalized" plates and with the frequency they are showing up on the market I'm certain it's fake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X