Pickelhaube suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickelhaube suppliers

This will be my first post to this forum. My name is Bill Thiemann and I have a special interest in headdress of the Imperial German Army. In my research on the subject I have never seen any reference to makers of pickelhauben. Have any of the members of the forum seen any reference material that discusses this? How many were there? Were these Mom and Pop shops or were there just a few major suppliers? If we could look at the inside of our Officer's helmets and start a list of the makers over time we could compile a fairly complete list. Pictures of the labels would be great! I can start it off with Wilhelm Voigt, Magdeburg. Thanks. Bill

Welcome to the Forum Bill. We have corresponded briefly about this before I believe? I looked at the ones on the shelves but unfortunately, quite a few of the maker's stamps I cannot make out. But, some are clear and I came up with these:

Model 1889 Preußen Kürassier Mannschaft Metalhelme. Maker "Fr. Schlemmer Kaiserslatern"

Model 1891 Preußen Kürassier Mannschaft Metalhelme to parade for Garde
    Kürassier Regt. Maker "Jamaschke"

Model 1901 Preußen Jäger zu Pferd Metalhelme. Maker "Juncker"

Model 1915 Preußen Kürassier Metalhelme. Maker "Lachmann Berlin"

Model 1915 Preußen Jäger zu Pferd Metalhelme. Maker "Helbing v.Sackewitz 1916"

Bayern Chevauleger Officer's Pickelhaube. Maker "Awes"

Model 1915 Baden. Maker "Hans Römer Neu Ulm 1916"

Model 1915 Hessen Field Artillery Regt 25. Maker "GmbH Wetziar"

Model 1915 Bayern Infantry Ersatz tin. Maker "Bing"

Model 1895 Preußen Infantry Ersatz tin . Maker "R.v.d.H. Berlin Sch"

Model 1915 Preußen Field Artillery Regt 44, Maker "Maury & Co. Mainz" (Really!)

That's all I had time for, there are quite a few helmets on mannequins. I'll look at those, but I find that its the M15 wartime helmets that tend to have the most maker marks. Tonyhttp://www.kaisersbunker.com
    Last edited by Tony & Kaiser; 06-29-2004, 03:23 PM. Reason: Too much detail

Comment

Hello,

I've got a Bavarian private purchase infantry helmet in the finest quality, also from Awes.

Regards,
      Jan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X