EK2 45mm Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK2 45mm Identification

Hello there.. I have a few WWI Iron Crosses 2nd class and I want to learn more about them.

I measured a few of them and I have one that seems odd. most measure close to 42mm but this one is right at 45mm.

There is not maker mark on the ring or cross that I can find. It is magnetic. From what I read online they are mostly 42mm ????

Thank you,
    Scott

anyone?

Comment

Sorry to say it's a pretty generic core style used by several makers so matching it to
      a specific maker may take a bit of work. You might try looking through the data base
      thread to compare the frame details to those shown-----------------

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=263078

You might start by looking at the maker "K.A.G."

Comment

I agree with Greg. It's a very generic type that will be hard to pin down.

45mm is on the large side, but it doesn't mean much. The idea that Imperial EKs are 42mm and TR EKs are 44mm is now discredited, even though the regulations many have stipulated these sizes. EKs were made in all different shapes and sizes from near the very beginning, and size can not determine period of manufacture by itself.

I'd say your is probably a wartime piece given the cast iron core. Hope this helps.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Thank you Greg and Strepile for the inputs! I really appecaite it!

Scott

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X