Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gallipoli star

Hello,

I feel that this Gallipoli Star has a chance of being genuine. Its not in my area of interest and I would like opinions as to its originality before I list it on the estand. What do you guys think? Also would be a fair price to list this at?

Cheers Adam

DSCF1394.JPG

DSCF1402.JPG

[ATTACH]2064171[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2064172[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2064175[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2064176[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]2064177[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2064178[/ATTACH]

Comment

Genuine.
          Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
            Genuine.
            Pete
            Cheers Pete, thanks for the response any clue on the value?

Thanks Adam

Comment

It appears somebody went to great lengths to polish all the silver off it.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                It appears somebody went to great lengths to polish all the silver off it.
                They have made a good job of it!. Maybe they wanted to make it stand out a bit more

Comment

in germany, the bb & co standard pieces made of silvered zinc - buntmetall- would cost 120 - 150 euro.

Comment

Originally posted by römischIX View Post
                    in germany, the bb & co standard pieces made of silvered zinc - buntmetall- would cost 120 - 150 euro.
                    Cheers,

I have found one on estand that sold just before new year for 220 euro's it was in a bit better condition though.

Cheers Adam

Comment

may be -but i wrote "in germany" not in us and oversea....

for me as a german this is a standard piece - no AWS, Meybauer, Godet...

Comment

It should also be pointed out that the dies still exist and they are still being made, which accounts for the high volume of BB&Co in existence.

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                          It should also be pointed out that the dies still exist and they are still being made, which accounts for the high volume of BB&Co in existence.
                          Never heard of this, nor have I seen BB&Co pieces that did not look authentic...

Are there any prooves for this?
                          sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

I'd like to see that proof as well.
                            pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by bolewts58 View Post
                              Are you sure it is not just a more common maker?

I am not tripping over boxes of them and have only encountered two in my time, saying that I should state it is not a 'main effort' in terms of interest, I would add I am also in Germany.

I posted these on WRF a while back:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imperi...s-x-2-a-18706/

Jock

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X