EdelweissAntique

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was elgible for the 1897 Prussian Centennial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That last ribbon after the 1897 is beyond me. (Remember-- I held that in my paws at Schloss Stogienstein!) Without being SURE what is intended there, can't even be sure if it was an officers or an NCOs. But it was undoubtedly somebody from Hohenzollern and NOT the Prussian version of the House Order with the same ribbon-- that would be Too Bizarre for a Prussian.

Ribbon bar is late 1915+, when that style came in. Absence of a long service ribbon suggests an officer rather than an NCO-- because they WOULD have done the time between 1896-1914 for their long services, while an officer waiting for XXV would not necessarily have.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Lundström
      That last ribbon after the 1897 is beyond me. (Remember-- I held that in my paws at Schloss Stogienstein!) Without being SURE what is intended there, can't even be sure if it was an officers or an NCOs. But it was undoubtedly somebody from Hohenzollern and NOT the Prussian version of the House Order with the same ribbon-- that would be Too Bizarre for a Prussian.
      If the last ribbon is a stand in for something other than the Lippe-Detmold Militärverdienstmedaille, what would be the likely candidate(s)? The Russian St. Anne was mentioned previously. What other "domestic" or foreign candidates could that ribbon be considered a reasonable stand-in for (if any)? What would make the most sense?

Originally posted by Rick Lundström
      Ribbon bar is late 1915+, when that style came in. Absence of a long service ribbon suggests an officer rather than an NCO-- because they WOULD have done the time between 1896-1914 for their long services, while an officer waiting for XXV would not necessarily have.
      This might be more the material for another thread entirely (...and if this has already been covered elsewhere, just aim me in that direction...), but what were the general rules for who would have earned long service ribbons (officers vs. enlisted)?

...or is it something far too scattershot, with every state having their own regulations?

Thanks,
      --Chris

Comment

Here are some Centenary medal minis:

Comment

One on a mini-bar:
          Attached Files

Comment

And one on a lapel-bow:
            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X