This is not a Godet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is not a Godet...

Wrong core and I've never seen the entire name stamped into the ribbon ring like this. What do you guys think? Thanks for your opinions.

Best,

Alex

This mark is synonymous with fake Godet crosses, usually of the 1870 variety as seen here... http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...76&postcount=7

.. although this his is the first one I've seen on a 2nd class.

No good.

Marshall

Comment

These are being currently stamped, I think. Three in a row (that I have seen) just like this on eBay in recent weeks. But I think the mark is rather this one:

....also a (very) postwar mark.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Why go through all the trouble making a stamp that says 'GODET'? Wouldn't it have been easier to just make a 'G'? Gary

Comment

Seeing alot of these on ebay lately

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
            Why go through all the trouble making a stamp that says 'GODET'? Wouldn't it have been easier to just make a 'G'? Gary
            Maybe they needed to overstamp the original mark. In that case, simple "G" is not enough.

Comment

Why go through all the trouble making a stamp that says 'GODET'? Wouldn't it have been easier to just make a 'G'?
              The "Godet" stamped ones go for at least twice the amount of a "G" stamped cross. Bidders are thinking this is a variant

Comment

Thanks for all your feedback, guys. I had a hunch that these were being currently stamped like this.

Best,

Alex

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X