Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on Feldartillerieregimet 46

Hi Guys,

can anybody tell me what the Prussian Feldartillerieregimet Nr. 46 did in WW1?
    Theater of operations, Battles....?

Many thank and best regards

Daniel

The Imperial German 46th Field Artillary Reg. was assigned to the 20th Infantry Division. It was assigned to the 20th for the duration of the Great War.

The 20 Division served in 1914 at the 1st battle of the Marne in France. In 1915 this divison was transferred to Galacia on the Eastren Front and in September was returned to France.
    In June of 1916 it was transferred back to the Eastern Front, primairly to Russia and was returned to France in November.
    In 1917, during heavy fighting against the French in April this division suffered significant loss of personnel. After being relieved, it was again sent back to the Russian Front, only to be returned to France in September, where it was assigned to Flanders againt the English offensive.
    In early 1918 it was engaged in fighting at Cambrai. In March, as part of the finial German offensive, it suffered over 50% casualties. In August it fought in the area of Arras against the British. In September it counterattacked in the Cambrai region and again suffered heavy losses. It was on the line in Reville when the War ended.

This division seem to have spent a lot of time on trains traveling back and forth between France and the Russian front. It took a real pounding throughout the war, but continued to be a formidable fighting unit.

The 20th was rated by the US Army Intelligence Section as a first class division.

Hope this information is helpful to you.
    Joe

Originally posted by Daniel Krause
    Hi Guys,

can anybody tell me what the Prussian Feldartillerieregimet Nr. 46 did in WW1?
    Theater of operations, Battles....?

Many thank and best regards

Daniel

Comment

Great info!!! Thank You very much!!!

The background is; I have the ribbon bar of the last Regimental Commander; Oberstleutnat Schumann and I wondered, why this guy is so well decorated. All in all he had 19 decorations!

Again many thanks

Daniel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X