Smaller document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller document

Thought I would post this smaller one tonight, so I have some info to read tomorrow at work! What, may I ask, is this one?
    Attached Files

Hi Chris,

it says:

"Duplicate
    Organization of the red cross
    Committee for german prisoners of war

Subject: Kleinrensich, Heinrich Unteroffizier Infanterie Regiment 193 / 9 th Kompanie.
    On the 15.9.17 told us the private Karl Zimmermann, who is in french captivity and is located in Paris Hospital "Vol de Grace", about the above mentioned the following: "Fallen during attack"

examination of protocol is applied (???). This message is not official. Only the War-Ministry can supply an official confirmation.

Amicable!
    Organization of the Red Cross Frankfurt a/M
    Committee for german prisoners of war"

best regards,
    Gerd

Comment

Thanks Gerd!

Comment

Interesting....

... I cannot remember seeing one of these before. Nice that they notified the family that the MIA was alive/held captive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Versailles
          ... I cannot remember seeing one of these before. Nice that they notified the family that the MIA was alive/held captive.
          I'm wondering if this is the Father or brother of this young lad who was killed: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=56324

They are in the same grouping.

Comment

Gerd,

Is this saying that Heinrich is in French captivity as told by private Zimmerman, or is it addressed to Heinrich saying that private Zimmerman is a French POW?

Originally posted by Gerd Becker
            Hi Chris,

it says:

"Duplicate
            Organization of the red cross
            Committee for german prisoners of war

Subject: Kleinrensich, Heinrich Unteroffizier Infanterie Regiment 193 / 9 th Kompanie.
            On the 15.9.17 told us the private Karl Zimmermann, who is in french captivity and is located in Paris Hospital "Vol de Grace", about the above mentioned the following: "Fallen during attack"

examination of protocol is applied (???). This message is not official. Only the War-Ministry can supply an official confirmation.

Amicable!
            Organization of the Red Cross Frankfurt a/M
            Committee for german prisoners of war"

best regards,
            Gerd

Comment

Chris,

Zimmermann was a french POW, who confirmed, that Uffz Kleinrensing, who was a POW as well, like it sounds, died at the front.

best,
              Gerd

Comment

It looks as if Father and Son both died on the Front...

A sad tale, I assume his wife/mother had kept these documents.

I have a few more I will post in coming days, perhaps I can find out more through them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X