Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW1 Fighter pilot with a Knights Cross?

Hi Forum,
    Today I picked up a great grouping and I need some help. I bought this grouping right from the German Pilots daughter. Some of the things are obvious but I am really confused on some of the other stuff. The soldiers name is Freidrich Gustav Rudolph Paul Meissner and he was a Luftwaffe pilot in WW1. I have a great picture of him and he is wearing the Bavarian Pilots Badge and 1st Class Iron Cross. In another picture he is wearing a ribbon bar with the EK2, Bavarian Bravery Medal, and Hindenberg Cross. This explanes most of the medals. He was also a pilot in WW2 as seen in the pictures but I dont see any of the other medals. There is a EK1 Spange, EK2 Spange, Knights Cross, Ground assault badge, and a 1957 KvK 2nd class w/swords. She also has his Steiff Teddy Bear that he had in the cock pit as a mascot. Is there any one out there that may know what awards he realy was awarded. Was he really awarded the Knights Cross? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That is a good-looking Pilot's Badge.I don't think the rest of the items belong with it, however. There is no RKT who was in the Luftwaffe named Meissner who was aircrew, certainly not a WW 1 veteran. Could you show pictures of the man?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

V Twin stay on here I am down loading right now

Comment

Looks like an S&L cross. Could you show close-ups? (And, maybe, if it's not part of the group, you might want to sell it?)

Comment

He certainly was a WW1 vet as I have a picture of him in the plane and aslo in ww2. Ch out the photos.

Comment

damn Computer
                  Attached Files

Comment

The only Meissner I saw on the RK winners list was a Robert Meissner
                    who commanded Inf. division 68

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

He was certainly not the Robert Meissner in the infantry division so I dont know where the KC came from. But the one picture I saw was with the Bavarian Bravery Cross , WW1 EK2, and the Hindenberg cross. Im not sure about the WW2 medals.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Could be a family grouping.
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Sorry this is taking so long damn computer is slow as a snail. He does have on the EK2 in this photo
                            Attached Files

Comment

The other photos are similar and wont tell us anything more. I dont know where the ground assault came from . There were also 2 tank destruction strips but they were post war and I think they were Austrian. The spange are original so I might hgave to try to get his records somehow.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X