1st class iron cross boxed group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st class iron cross boxed group

Got this lot directly from the family here in South Africa.I do not collect this field so need help to id the lot .Thanks and it will probably need a new home.
    Attached Files

back inscription

The back of the 1st class has the following inscribed

Unserem
    lieben Komp Fuhrer
    Herrn Lieutenant Edel 7/342
    Zur freundt erinnerung
    paskarbeit kemp reek
    thiem frese
    an der
    beresina

I am sure fully researchable but I dont know where to start.
    Help
    Attached Files

Comment

A fantastic grouping you have there - the reasonably rare cased Godet ek1 alone will attract much interest to this grouping I'm sure.

Very nice find!

Enjoy the rugby Bokke :-)

Comment

thanks AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE RUGBY hope to see you lot in the final

Comment

I bet the PMs are pouring in. Nice grouping.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

I hope you take the time in selling it, if that's your plan. You'd be looking at a bare minimum of $1000 for the cased EK1 - even $1500 would be realistic given it's not just a Godet but a Godet mit zweihaken AND the really hard to find matching case. What are the markings on the pin? Beresina is in Russia (Belarus now) and the 1917 date would put it at the time of a big German push on the Eastern Front. There's one medal missing from the middle of the medal bar (Prussian vet association from memory) but it's still nice. For the group I'd be looking at probably $2000 or so. Don't fall for a cheap offer on this one!

Regards
              Mike
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

The empty ribbon is actually for the Marianer-Kreuz of the Teutonic order, an Austrian decoration one could get, from what I've heard, for caritative donations.

Good group!
                sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

What a sweet grouping. The engraved Godet with fangs and matching case is an absolute gem and will command a premium. I can't remember the last time I saw such a set. Don't get low-balled by some of the vultures on this site if you are selling it and please try to keep the group together. Rich
                  Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
                  Decorations of Germany

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X