Cross of Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross of Iron

What is this? Very crude, magnetic, about 4.5cm across. Marked W, 1914 and names of town in France and Belgium (Ghent, Amiens, etc..)
    Attached Files

Originally posted by TerryG
    What is this? Very crude, magnetic, about 4.5cm across. Marked W, 1914 and names of town in France and Belgium (Ghent, Amiens, etc..)
    I want to think these are some sort of propaganda items dropped on the Germans, but I'm sure there are others here than can speak far more authoritatively..

--Chris

Comment

Cross of iron

Thanks. Any other comments?????

Comment

Cross of Iron

Comment

from what iv read thats what they are! i think the towns are towns the were supposed to have had atroctiys(??) commited by the germans there,and from what iv heard they were dropped from planes behind german line(id say it would hurt if that hit you in the head!! ) i may be wrong but thats what iv read!!hope it hepls!!

Comment

these are propaganda crosses and dropped from planes - these exist in many variations (all have the similar measurements but different inscriptions on them).
            these sould have a demoralisation to the german troops and should show, how "brave" they are - in competition to the iron cross.

you have a nice example - these are found sometimes but most a rusty - but yours is really fine!

christian

Comment

CRoss of iron

Thank you all for your comments.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
              X