Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1914 EK1 opinions

Is it live or memorex?

Rest easy, it's an original. Not WWI issue but more of what I consider to be a 1930's replacement.

Rich
    Interested in hand-stitched EM/NCO LW insignia and cuff-titles
    Decorations of Germany

Comment

hi Marc,

Nice piece. That hinge plate is very characteristic of 1930's replacement pieces.

Comment

Some of these had non-magnetic centers. I had one by the same maker that appeared to be copper cored (not brass--copper). If I remember right, you also see 1939 Schinkelforms with the same type of hinge and pin.

Comment

Thanks gents! Just getting into imperial. Was at my good friend Tony Colson's house two weeks ago and had a blast - if you know him you know his stuff. i am considering this piece from Gailen David, is it a 30's replacement?

Comment

reverse

reverse

Comment

Hi,

Re the first cross, yes, I agree, 100% genuine. Doug is correct, some 1939 Schinkels - and Round 3s - share the same hinge/pin/catch.

I used to think of this as a 30s type hinge/pin/catch assembly, until I went through Detlev's catalogue. Now I think of them as 20s/30s as this hinge type was actually in use since 1919 (eg dated Stahlhelmbund Badge series) as well as many 1920s state/veteran's association badges. It may even have been around in 1918, given it's simplicity and therefore ease of production.

Regards
              Mike K
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X