Saxon minichain

Hi for All!!!

My new minichain.
    Nothing problem with this item?
    Is it possible combo to trace?

Any opinions pleased.

Alex Ponomarev

Hello Alex,

thats a nice chain. The Saxon-Merit-Order is very rare. But i have to admit, that i don´t like it, when the medals on such a chain are all attached with different sized rings. That is often a sign, that someone doctored that chain. But as it seems to be a reasonable combination, i am maybe wrong this time.

best,
    Gerd

Comment

While chain miniatures are ALWAYS a problem for never knowing if they are indeed original or put together parts, this combination DOES trace out--

To char. Generalleutnant aD ( retired 14 April 1896 as commander of Saxon Infantry Brigade 48) Kurt von Loeben:

Born in Rüsseina 1 December 1841, he was still alive in 1913.

The awards are a perfect match to his. The Swedish Sword was a Knight 1st Class, while the Danish Dannebrog is being worn here as a "Kleindekoration" of a Commander 2nd Class.

He also held a Saxon Albert Order-Commander 2nd Class, which he would have worn in full size like the Prussian old gent below, wearing HIS "senior award" the Prussian Crown Order 2nd Class.

I don't have any Saxon sources before 1908.
      Attached Files

Comment

wow! I have also missed the Saxon-Albert, that he should have, but you are right, he could have worn a higher grade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X