Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kampfwagenabzeichen

Hi guys,

Wanted to hear some opinions regarding this badge. I can only post obverse and reverse scan at the moment but will take close ups of the set up tomorrow. The whole wreath is hand filed and shows marks all around like many Juncker badges also have (though this is not the Juncker type of course).

Looking forwards to some imput!

Regards
    Giel
    Attached Files
    Kind regards,
    Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Oh boy, these are a real minefield. The pin looks very Meybauer-ish. I think Don is the local expert on these, maybe he can chime in.

Comment

Not an expert but I do have a theory I'm working on.
      Attached Files
      pseudo-expert

Comment

Anyone have an AWS catalog from the 20-30s?
        Attached Files
        pseudo-expert

Comment

Well now I'm reall curious where this is going after Don's last post.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
            Anyone have an AWS catalog from the 20-30s?
            Don't I wish...

Here is an early Juncker 1939 EK1 that uses the AWS type pin setup. As we know there was a lot of interaction between Juncker and AWS.

Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

And one more AWS.
              Attached Files
              Best regards,
              Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Hi guys,

Nice to see the thread going! I have made some extra pictures of the piece
                Attached Files
                Kind regards,
                Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Attached Files
                  Kind regards,
                  Giel

Comment

Attached Files
                    Kind regards,
                    Giel

Comment

AWS, Meybauer, and Juncker were all located fairly close to one another in Berlin. The Tank badges posted were at one time thought to be the Meybauer design but that all changed when their catalog surfaced. Meybauer and Juncker shared the same design.

Now, if you look at the reverse set ups, AWS has used both type pins shown in this thread. The hinged change to fit the item. The tank badge, being hollow stamped, required a taller hinge vice an EK1. If you not the finish work on the pins, AWS was very anal about rounding things off nicely. Look back to theirn 1870 series crosses and you find the same thing.

As to Juncker using the same type pins,

1. either they had the same supplier
                      2. AWS made them in house and sold them to others I say this because AWS appears to use them earlier than Juncker.
                      3. Juncker acquired AWS's left overs when they went out of business?
                      4. It's a total coonicidence and I'm on a false trail.

A catalog would solve the whole issue provided this badge was shown in it (a picture). It would point to an 80% probability if it was just listed on the price list imo.
                      pseudo-expert

Comment

Hi Don,

Thanks for your analyses. I suppose that finding a catalog is like looking for a needle in a haystack here.

You are talking about the Juncker kampfwagenabzeichen design. Which other kampfwagendesigns are there?
                        Kind regards,
                        Giel

Comment

There are two other designs Giel, Juncker and an unknown maker design. Here they are. Both of these badges belonged to Sepp Dietrich.
                          Attached Files
                          pseudo-expert

Comment

Hello all,

I have long been interested in these badges; but as VtwinVince said, above, “Oh boy, these are a real minefield”, coupled with their cost has kept me away from them.

Nevertheless, I just wanted to pass on the fact that I had the opportunity to examine the two “Sepp Diethrich” pieces which are shown in post #13; and I have to say that no picture can convey the size, weight and construction of the second (bottom) badge. From the pictures in the catalog, I had the impression that it was a bit clunky - in reality, it is breathtaking!

Regards,

Wild Card

Comment

A longtime accepted piece, there's a pure silver one exactly like this one shown previously.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X