Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another KM ribbon bar

Dear Imperialoids and ribbon bars' freeks;

Another addition of Marco: a Kriegsmarine ribbon bar with interesting foreign awards (Bulgaria Gallantry ribbon / Military Merit Order and the Turkish half moon star) and the Colonial China ribbon... with taylor's label on the reverse and black backing!

For your enjoyment and inspection...

Ciao,

Claudio
    Attached Files

VERY nice "Crew 1898" WW2 zV officer bar!

Unfortunately I cannot ID him from this combination. Many-- but not all-- of that Crew went to China as Fähnriche-- and so are "invisible" without having a 1900 Navy Rank List. (I use other sources, which only show commissioned officers in China.)

There are half a dozen possibles that I have no way to verify and aren't among those who I have been able to note over the years as having been in China.

There is a remote chance this was worn by a former career Deckoffizier as well, and they ARE invisible for anyone unwounded as a junior naval rating in China.

BTW, the Bulgarian and Turkish awards do NOT mean that this officer served there in WW1! In fact, the Bulgarian-Turk combination was quite common among Flanders FLYERS, and my own Lt dR Behncke who has appeared here in these pages got the TURKISH issue document TWM as a Marinekorps Flandern division orderly officer. These could have been bestowed by "visiting nabobs."

None of the officers who I cannot verify as having been Midshipmen in China, or having received the OK2 (or any foreign awards) served "out East" in WW1.

Comment

its a so nice bar!
      i like it
      christian

Comment

Great Bar, Claudio. Your brother has come up with some nice stuff lately!!

Brian

Comment

Very impressive and nice to see!

Erich Craciun

Comment

Great ribbon bar.I love those maker marked bars Regards Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X