Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Major I/c 1st Class 1870

HI,

could anyone help. i have just obtained some very interesting documents regarding a Major Dienstmann who apparently served with the grenadier regiment prinz carl von preussen(2 brandenburg)no 12 in 1866 war and obtained 1870 iron cross 1st class in 1871. i have checked some of the internet sites on this regiment but can find no mention of him. does anyone have any information or know of a site where he is listed.

many thanks,

mark

The only Dienstmann I can find (my sources are 1900+) was probably a baby brother, Oberstleutnant aD Julius, born Thorn 11.4.1852, retired with Uniform of Grenadier Regiment 4, 1870 EK2, Red Eagle 4th, XXV, 1870, and 1897.

I will move this to Imperial, since you'll have better luck there than here in Third Reich individual research.

Comment

Well, baby brother was still a Lt. in 1886, but by then the good Major wasn't listed. However, doesn't somebody out there have a Stammliste of this regiment?

Comment

The Stammliste for GR 12 reveals only one Dienstman, and it is the same Julius identified by Rick. Julius was just a Fähnrich when the war broke out and promoted Sek.Lt. on 22 Aug 1870. I have additonal information on Julius, but he does not seem to be the Dienstmann of your documents.

I have no record of any other Dienstman in my database- Julius is the only one.

Andy

Originally posted by McCulloh
        Well, baby brother was still a Lt. in 1886, but by then the good Major wasn't listed. However, doesn't somebody out there have a Stammliste of this regiment?

Comment

hi andy,

thanks for the help.does not appear to be my guy but could be brother.among the documents i have is a list of officers who served in both wars ie 1866 and 1870 in this regiment.he is listed as - Major z.D.Dienstmann,Frankfurt a/Oder.
          also there is a letter dated 1901 which relates to his retirement which gives his name as Major a.D.Herrn Dienstmann.

mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X