73 Hannover Fussilier Shoulderboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73 Hannover Fussilier Shoulderboard

Can someone help me out an post a picture of a shoulderboard from the 73 Hannover Fussilier Regiment? I'm curious what the cypher looks like.

Thanks,
    Dan

Just a Number

Dan,

Füsilier-Regiment Nr. 73 did not have a shoulder board cypher - just the number 73.

Regards
    Glenn

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Fusilier Regt Nr 73 shoulder strap

Hi Daniel

I've attached this scan of an original WWI period shoulder strap (from an M1910 tunic or M1915 Bluse) worn by a member of Fusilier Regt Nr 73 from my collection.

It's white piped, and bears the nember "73" in chain-stitched red wool. I've noted several variations in the way the numbers are formed, sometimes the seven has a longer, curled up tail.

Hope this is of some interest, all the best

Paul.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the photo. I'm a big afan of Ernst Junger and I'm trying to learn about his regiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Cole
            Thanks for the photo. I'm a big afan of Ernst Junger and I'm trying to learn about his regiment.
            Hello Dan.
            Do you have the regimental history of F.R.73 ?
            "Geschichte des Fuesilier Regiments Generalfeldmarschall Prinz Albrecht von Preussen (Hann.) Nr. 73 "?
            If not you may be able to locate it used in Germany .
            Did you read "In Stahlgewittern" in German , English translations so far were not so great but a new one was to have been published in the U.K. I recall reading here. Amazing to see the literature which is out there about E.Juenger today.
            Bernhard H.Holst

Comment

Hello Bernhard,

I have one regimental history and unfortunately didn't win an auction for another version recently. I'll keep looking. I have read In Stahlgewittern in both english and German. I have two old German editions and a 1920s and modern english versions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
              X