CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ribbon bar - split in 2 parts but very interesting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ribbon bar - split in 2 parts but very interesting!

ok, it took a long time for shipping - but now, i have it!
    its a part of a very expensive birthday present i bought myself!
    but i like it!
    hope you also!!!!
    named to Kapitänleutnant Prause
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Christian L; 05-18-2004, 09:28 AM.

Originally posted by Christian L
    ok, it took a long time for shipping - but now, i have it!
    its a part of a very expensive birthday present i bought myself!
    but i like it!
    hope you also!!!!
    named to Kapitänleutnant Prause
    WOW! Fantastic, Christian! Finally a ribbon-bar with colony-awards, huh?

Beautiful . Please post some closeups.

best,
    Gerd

PS: What is the other part of this present?

Comment

Wow that is a great bar!!!

What's the miniature on the last ribbon?

Brian

Comment

Siebentritt!

That's the Finnish Order of the White Rose.

He was a VERY naughty man, wearing his OLD XXV as well as his Wehrmacht 25 and 12.

Georg Prause was born 22.5.1881. Served in the navy 7.4.00 to 10.9.20, and then was back in as an (E) officer by 1935.

Fähnrich zS 19.4.01 (I don't have seniority)
        Leutnant zS 27.9.03 (I don't have seniority)
        Oberleutnant zS 21.3.05 Uu
        Kapitänleutnant zS 16.10.09 E
        Korvettenkapitän zS 15.2.18 (that seniority, no suffix)
        Fregattenkapitän zS (E) 1.4.36 #2
        Kapitän zur See (E) 1.4.39 #13 (and on active duty September 1944)

aD that rank

Aside from his German East Africa 1905-07 adventure, he is most noteworthy for being among the earliest pioneers of submarines in the German navy, already 4th U-Half-flotilla coimmander before the war. He remained in that position and became Commander of the IVth Submarine Flotilla for the entire rest of the war.

His HHOX was gazetted 11.8.17. He also had the Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross 1st Class, and obviously a 1918 Submarine Badge.

In 1905 he was on SMS "Thetis," In 1908 on the Imperial dispatch boat "Sleipner." 1937 found him attached to the Reichs War Ministry.

In 1928 and 1931 he was a sales employee if the Franz Burchardt construction firm in Berlin-Tempelhof. He must have done some important business with Finland between the wars.

Retired after the war with his wife Margarethe (born 11.4.93) in Berlin Lichterfelde-Ost in 1960, and in Prien am Chiemsee in 1963. he died between then and 1980.

Konteradmiral zS Heinrich Kehrhahn, whose ribbon bars I have shown, was a "Crew 1900" mate, and never more than a couple of seniority points off from Prause.

Comment

i'm happy that you all like it!

thanks for the big research you've done rick!
          i didn't know that much about him!!!!!

ok, the other part:
          (because he don't use the 25 years long service ribbon in his earlier bar, i think he used it in the later one as a space filler - that upper and lower part have the same lenght)
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Christian,

congratulations!! Great bar and as usual Rick comes with the amazing story behind.
            I think you paid now a lower prize than it went in the Kube´s Siebentritt auction.

Beste Grüße

Daniel

Comment

ok, and a few close ups:
              Attached Files

Comment

no - not really
                it was more - and for me as a pupil ... it was bloody much
                but i'mso happy with it!
                and a close up of the withe rose emblem:
                Attached Files

Comment

and for our ek freaks
                  Attached Files

Comment

ok - and now, what i'm loving so much:
                    Attached Files

Comment

You have BOTH ribbon bars to him???

I still do not have ANY ribbon bar with a Colonial Medal bar, only China and SWA!

Someday, 30 years from now, you will be VERY glad that you got these now.

The dark colored EK Spange is a "new bird" for varieties, and I have never seen the Finnish device before (it must be for COMMANDER grade, maybe-- and that is why it is not on his long ribbon bar. This is a "Kleindekoration"-- search "Lietzmann" for his ribbon bars with Commander grades' devices)

The long bar does not have his Sudeten ribbon---> that was obviously an older ribbon bar that he just updated with the EK Spange device and never bothered to add the Sudeten.

If you can make the closeups of the dark gray EK Spange, "1905/07" bar, and Finnish device at 500 percent, I would be thrilled to add these new ones to the Never-Finished Ribbon Bar Article devices close up galleries.

I wonder what OLD Kapitän zS Prause did in WW2 to get an EK2 Spange???

Comment

Dear Christian,

My best congrats for your newly acquired double ribbon bar... I can imagine how much you desired it, therefore I am twice happy for you that you could get it. Such colonial ribbon bar's devices are very rare indeed! The best of this all group is that you have a name and Rick put a "face" on the former owner of the ribbon bar. Great!!

Besides it is the first time that I see such device on the Finnish ribbon for the order of the rose... It looks like the center medallion of a miniature or half-sized of this order... maybe our Finnish collector friends can tell us more about it.

Enjoy it, and again happy Birthday!

Ciao,

Claudio

Comment

Thats great, Christian. Congrats to this wonderful set . I am envious.

best,
                          Gerd

Comment

"and for our ek freaks"

Danke sehr!
                            George

Comment

Superb!

Christian, one of the nicest bars I've seen in forever. I especially like the earlier, Navy style bar! Awesome set!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X