Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini RAO3, enamelled Eagle, not painted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini RAO3, enamelled Eagle, not painted.

This is a strange Bird, never seen anything like it on normal sized ones either. Could it be foreign manufacture? Enamel job looks Austrian actually.
    Attached Files

Hi Carl,

I think, all is possible on miniatur. Of a original size I also dont see that eagle. Only of old first class decorations.

Regards Mike

Comment

Hi Carl,

I don't know, but it certainly is beautiful
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RAO View Post
          Hi Carl,

I think, all is possible on miniatur. Of a original size I also dont see that eagle. Only of old first class decorations.

Regards Mike
          Thanks Mike, do you have any pics of those enamelled 1kl? Is it so old that it don't have the Hohenzollern Crest?

What time do you think the mini is from? Enamel is more red than purple so my guess is 1854-1914.

Comment

Sometimes it pays off to wait for an item. This came from another dealer to almost half the price of the thread starter.

Also in Gold and Enamels, claimed to be from around 1860. Some small differencies from the other one points to being hand made and probably the same maker.

Better pics in a couple of days.
            Attached Files

Comment

15,3mm 1,85g, made in 4 parts, not marked but solid Gold. Look at the engravings under the enamel on Eagle and laurel.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!
                Best regards,
                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Found a friend to the little Eagle and suddenly the RAO 1-3 in post 6-7 became a RAO 2
                  Attached Files

Comment

Differencies on all 3 minis suggest someone hand engraved the details before the enamelling was done. This must've been very time consuming since the Eagles is the size of a matchstick head! Wonder if there's any Jeweller in the world that still can do this kind of work.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X