KO or Assmann?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KO or Assmann?

Several months ago I posted pics of an EK2 I bought. Unmarked, neusilber frame with a poorly cast core. I've seen this core many times and assumed it was a post war piece. Trevor thought so as well and he also thought it might have been made by Assmann but was not certain. Here is the EK2.
    Attached Files

Today on US ebay I see an EK1 with what appears to be the same core. On the back, it is stamped KO! I've never seen this combination before and thought it was unusual enough to post. Your thoughts?
    Attached Files

Comment

The maker mark. Gary
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

First- Ammersee, the EK1 cross you show is a modern fake. It imitates a 1939/1957 Steinhauer & Lück 1914 EK1, while some fakers marked it with KO (as KO as several different styles of crosses, I guess they thought it would be the most accepted fake MM on their crosses..).

Never buy such a cross that is marked with KO. It is a fake. Always.

Second, I´ve seen this style of cross (the EK2) on several generic and good medal bars from the 1933-1945 era. So I don´t believe that they are post 1945 if you think about this. If you think they might be post WW1 pieces, than I´d share yours and Trevors opinion. I haven´t ever seen them with a KO mark, but the lack of quality suggests this idea.

That´s all I know about them

Comment

That pretty well sums it up.
          pseudo-expert

Comment

Andy said it. KO is a fake. In my opinion the EK2 is by Assmann and was made in the 1930s. The cores are similar, but not the same. Is the EK2 super light weight?
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
              Is the EK2 super light weight?
              Thats what i was going to ask also

Comment

My EK2 is of a normal weight with iron core. When I said "postwar", I meant post WW1, not WW2.

Look closely at the 3 pics of the EK1 again.

Now that I look closely, I think these are pics of two different crosses. The catch for the pins are different. An Assmann and a KO fake???

Maybe an honest mistake by the seller, or maybe another low-life dealer. Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X