Pilot ID FFA 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot ID FFA 62

Need some help to identify some pilots of FFA 62. Any info to the following pilots/planes is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    K.

1. A. Müller ?
    Attached Files

2. Aschmann ?
    Attached Files

Comment

3. Prehn ?
      Attached Files

Comment

4. Mathias ?
        Attached Files

Comment

5. v. Velsen ?
          Attached Files

Comment

6. unknown ?
            Attached Files

Comment

7. unknown maybe they are to identify.
              Attached Files

Comment

Konrad, those are great photos, especially the ones with the Fokker EindeckerI believe FFA 62 was Hermann Kastner's unit, which included both Immelmann and Boelcke in 1916. Perhaps Alex can identify some of the pilots.

Comment

Pic #1: The name is vary common so i cant say wich Müller this guy is. I have no Müller at FFA 62 but my list is incomplete

Pic #2: I suppose the men sitting in cockpit is the later Lt.d.R. Lehmann. I have the same picture. He died at 23.09.1916 at KEK3

Pic #3: I have a Prehn but i'm not sure it is the same. I have to check

Pic #4: It could be Lt. Ehrhardt von Teubern. He was observer at FFA 62 from Apr. to Sept. 15

Pic #7: is not from FFA 62. It shows a Fok. D.IV. This ac comes 1917 on the front. At this time FFA 62 never exist.

Hptm Hermann Kastner was the first leader of FFA 62 followed by Hptm Arthur Bullrich on 13.06.1916. Not only Immelmann and Boelcke start their career at this unit. Windisch, Max von Mulzer and Parschau.
                  The Fok. E.III are from KEK Douai wich was under the command of FFA 62.

Regards Alex

Comment

Thank you for your answers. Müller is described as A. Müller.
                    Heres another unknown pilot
                    Attached Files

Comment

and 2 pics from Immelmann one with signature (i think an early one).
                      Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic photos Konrad! Thanks so much for sharing!
                        The last 4 books I've read & currently & the next 4 are all on the air war on the Western Front!
                        Appreciate it!
                        Greg

Comment

Great images!!!

Not my area of collecting but really enjoyed seeing these.

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyJ View Post
                            Great images!!!
                            Not my area of collecting but really enjoyed seeing these.
                            Same goes for me. It was the stories of the Red Baron and movies
                            like "The Blue Max" that got me interested in the first world war back
                            when I was a kid.

Comment

Thank you for your comments, they are appreciated.
                              Heres another shot from a british plane which i couldnt identify.
                              Maybe someone recognize it? Maybe a RAF BE C2?
                              BR
                              K.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X