EKII identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EKII identification

Hey all. I was going to put this cross up on e-stand. Got up, was snapping some photos and after looking at the MM I was confused. I had always thought this was a "SW" sandcast core EKII. It was my first Imperial cross and purchased by a very reliable source here on WAF.

Thing is, when I look at the MM, I don't see SW at all...I actually see "MR" personally. Am I imagining things or have I some how mixed up my crosses!? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care.

Ryan
    Attached Files

A pic of the MM
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, the MM pic looks awful after modifying it, gimmie a minute and I will get better MM pics guys!

Edit here is a new MM pic
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Wik; 04-13-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Hi Ryan!

I see an clear SW, but one of the first hours.

Comment

Andy, thank you! I am more than willing to defer to you bud! Like I said, I am young and the eyesight is already going! LOL!

Ryan

Comment

I agree with Andy (as usual). A clear S-W mark, an S-W frame, and a very nice sand-cast so-called "Type B 1914" core, thought to be among the very earliest EKs made during the war. Thanks to Sascha, we now know a few of these types with award dates in the winter of 1914. A real treasure of a cross.
            Best regards,
            Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Trev, thanks so much!I am very reluctant to let this one go but I just don't see the possibility of keeping it. It does have sentimental value as well, being my first Imperial EKII, by way of New York

Ryan

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X