Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOHX - Kreuz der Ritter

Hi there!

I´m considering buying myself a nice addition for my collection. As Trevor, I´m deeply in love with Friedländer pieces..

I have two pieces I can select for buying.

One piece is a piece I found in a german "little-brother-of-ebay" auction platform for 850€ and the other one is from Jörg Kalies.

The one from the seller is a Friedländer but only marked with 938 and seems to be in a very fine condition. I see nothing bad on this piece, but I´m really no expert. The gold somehow seems to be pretty bright.

The one from Kalies is marked with FR and 938 and has a very dark and appealing aura. But it costs 950€

I´d like to hear your comments which one to get and if there are any things that are bad or questionable on this pieces, as I´m no expert on these.

@Trevor
    I saw the "blue" on your piece seemed to be much darker than these ones. is it really darker or does it just seem darker due to the light?

Any help appreciated
    Attached Files

And the one from the other seller
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy,

These are so beautiful, I wish you luck getting one.

I will check the enamel on mine, but I think it is pretty accurate in the photo.

As I recall woeschler-orden.de has an "FR 938" in excellent condition for under €600. If I didn't already have one I would have bought it myself.
      Best regards,
      Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Both of these appear to be good, wartime issue pieces.

Comment

Hey!

Thanks for your answers

Trevor, Saschas HOH from wölscher orden was sold quickly after it was published.. I saw it.. And when I decided to buy it, it was on hold But thanks for the tipp, bud

But so far, I currently have the problem to decide.. The one from the seller is in a rather mint condition, while the one from Kalies is a bit aged.. Don´t know which one to take yet Maybe I can decide a little bit better when I did my price-dealing

Comment

Aha, makes sense Sascha's is sold.

To be honest, if it was me, I would probably buy neither of these, but rather wait to find one marked as you like (FR 938), and in the condition you like (minty).

Is there some reason you think the unmarked one is made by Friedländer and not Wagner? I have found them to be almost identical (like their PLMs), and without a maker's mark, difficult to distinguish.

When I decided to buy one for myself, I waited for about five months til I found the right one, saving the money in the meantime.

Best regards,
            Streptile

Comment

Andy, I have an extra HOHmS, but it is a Wagner piece, and it is on a Prussian spange. Let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                Andy, I have an extra HOHmS, but it is a Wagner piece, and it is on a Prussian spange. Let me know if you are interested.
                Hi!

@Vince
                I wouldn´t have a problem with a Spange either if the orders I like hang on it too (love those more expensive Spangen )

If it´s not too much work, I´d really like to see a pic. Email would be: kraal@gmx.de

@Trevor
                The more I compare Wagners and Friedländers, the more I must say, I couldn´t tell the difference. The only cross I can declare easily are those J&S as they lack much quality..

The 938 is pretty much mint but lacks another mark.. The one from Kalies is a little bit more aged and looks like having a damage on the obverse on the 6 o clock arm.

Btw, here are more pics of the sellers HOHX crown

Keep posts comming! Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                  As I recall woeschler-orden.de has an "FR 938" in excellent condition for under €600. If I didn't already have one I would have bought it myself.
                  I didn't remember it was such a bargain, but I checked and you're right - but it was slighly damaged.

Andy, if you don't mind, send me an e-mail...
                  sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Mr. Kalies send me a few more pics of his FR HOHX

The current priece is 950€. What do you think about it? Has some little minor drawbacks (small area with overlapping white colour, but haven´t seen a absolutly perfect piece so far). But it has a dark gloomy aura that makes me want it...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Buy this one:

It is minty, less expensive, and it is marked FR 938 (I thought it was only marked 938).

Best regards,
                      Streptile

Comment

Hi there!

The postboy had something for me today!

I bought the piece from Kalies and it´s just great and flawless, any damage or flaw I expected wasn´t there, some minor flaws just seemend to be there, but it´s all due to the scan.

Seems like selling some stuff from my collection to get some new stuff was a really good idea! Looking forward to get my RAO4X. What comes up then..? Well, the Reuss cross for war merit (old and young lines combined) and the breaststar to the grand cross from the Ludewigs orden look great too

But talked to much, here are the pics I took just few minutes ago, enjoy
                        Attached Files

Comment

Andy, that is a great pickup! I got an AWS cross I love, you got this one hahaha

Wonderful addition. The cross certainly looks clean and very nice.

Impressive specimen!

Ryan

Comment

Haha, thanks Ryan!

But I could get 2 AWS for this one^^ But enemal.. Really, once you get infected by imperial and enemal, you will hardly ever see more in 3rd Reich items than cheap toy-massproduction It´s only a question of time until you want to get your first own Zähringer Lion or Hausorden of Hohenzollern or even an Roter Adler Orden

Comment

Hi Andy,

that is a very nice addition, congratulations.

Best regards,
                              Michel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X