aberrant KO mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aberrant KO mark?

To my (old) eyes the core and frame of this 1914 EK1 seem to be consistent with the maker KO. In fact, the reverse is stamped KO in the normal position - beneath the catch and the overall lettering style seems correct. However, I am also aware that KOs have been faked. My concern for this specimen is that I have not previously seen the KO mark applied so aggressively, to the point that it sits in a dimple on the backing plate; there is no deformation of the frame in front. Is this example legitimate? Perhaps the craftsman just learned that his raise didn't come through.
    Attached Files

No problems, a nice original with a crisp mark.
    Best regards,
    Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I also see no problems with this one. It looks like one of the earlier cast iron cored examples. The strike of KO markings varies a bit from weak (only one letter poorly formed) to heavily and clearly stamped like this example. No need for concern.

Regards
      Mike
      Regards
      Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you for allaying my concern. Initially, I thought the mm strike may have been done post assembly. Now content someone was just a little heavy handed. Mike - yes, does look like a cast core. Interestingly, overall thickness (measured across the 3 o'clock arm) is 2.28 mm compared to a couple of my stamped KO EK2s which measure 3.55 mm and 3.83mm.

Cheers,
        George

George

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X