Silber Blue Core SB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silber Blue Core SB

Here's one that's eluded me for a long time and begs the question... is the reverse plate from the type 2 EKs marked Silber ? We know that cores were shared between EK2s, I just wonder to what extent the intermixing went? So far it seems that it was random as needed as the frames of the two types are identical apart from silver marks and pin/hinge designs.

Here we have the type 1 "pumpkin" crown SB with Silber mark, unusual for this core.

Chris
    Attached Files

Probably I'm just not getting the point in what is an unusual mix here. Are not both of these blued core types supposed to be from tha very same maker Zimmermann from Pforzheim). A mix is not very unusual in my opinion...
    sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

They're "assumed" to be from Zimmermann solely based on the type 2 core designs that were found in the CFZ factory rubble, to date, as far as I know, no ones identified an Imperial EK as being made by CFZ. Still a bit of a mystery.

It's uncommon to see this type 1 core with a Silber stamp, normally they are either unmarked, stamped 800 and up, in rare cases a * You normally see the type 2 cores marked Silber, including their EK2s.

Chris

Comment

Nice cross I still have yet to add a "silber" marked cross
        to my collection.

Comment

Thanks Chris!

I'm pretty sure we can indeed assume Zimmermann as maker of these - but cannot prove it.
          sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by kriztof View Post
            They're "assumed" to be from Zimmermann solely based on the type 2 core designs that were found in the CFZ factory rubble, to date, as far as I know, no ones identified an Imperial EK as being made by CFZ. Still a bit of a mystery.

Chris
            A mystery indeed but do not forget the WW2 made L/52 marked crosses! They are a big part of the "hints" that CFZ actually made the Blued Core crosses.

Comment

Ah yes, the old TR period L/52s have indeed added yet another mystery to the plot. If only we could find out for certain if they were made from CFZ dies or purchased parts from another fabricator..

I can't help but wonder why no one hasn't come across a CFZ marked or identified, Imperial EK or at least a catalog, something...
              The truth is out there...

Chris

Comment

That's the nicest EK1 blue core I've ever seen! Congratulations, Chris.

Best,

Alex

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys. I've just found another one marked 800 that I've been searching for at least three years! If only the mail would hurry up, gotta love the waiting

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X