PLM Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLM Dies

These pics were posted on ebay. There was a PLM for auction that was supposed to be a Rothe & Neffe from Vienna. The seller posted these pics along with the PLM and claimed these were pics of the original PLM Rothe dies.
    I have no idea if it is true, but I thought I'd post pics of the dies for you to see. Gary
    Attached Files

Thanks for posting these. It's not often that dies of any kind are seen on the open market.

These dies weren't used to make Rothe type PlM copies, but instead something that looks more like a Rothe piece. The first clue is the lack of a pie-wedge suspension, and the Wagner-style eagles along with several other details.

These dies would have been used to make a Wagner style copy, but not made by or used by Wagner, or "FR" marked pieces.

These dies are almost certainly from the 1960's/1970's period, and not "original" dies for any pre-1945 piece.

From a technological point of view, I'd have liked to see the back side of the dies so it could be determined how the die faces were meant to be attached to the stamping presses, aligned, calibrated for the depth of strike, and so on.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X