UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johanniter Orden / Prussian St. John Order. Opinion needed! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johanniter Orden / Prussian St. John Order. Opinion needed! Help!

Hi all,

Id like some opinions about this Johanniter Orden that I have found today in a local antique shop. If you need more pictures feel free to ask.

My mind on it : Its modern. Im sure of that. Material is way to cheap and new to be Imperial period. But it dosnt mean automatic «fake» to me because the Order still exist today and still be given even in 2011. The case remind me of the West Germany & DDR stuff from the 60's to the 80's, so I guess its from this time frame. I have the complete neck ribbon who goes with it and box.

To me its look like the one own by Brat in this very old thread from 2003.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...r+order&page=2

My interrogation are : modern or fake ? Value ?

Thumbs up or down ? Thanks for opinions!

You're right about the quality of the cross, it is inferior to my example. The case has potential. If you have more pictures, that would be helpful.

Comment

Here's one of the back side without the ribbon. I'll take other pics of the case then post them.

Comment

More of the medal without ribbon.

Comment

The case...

Any other opinions about this cross ? Modern ? Fake ? Value ?

Comment

Not the quality of Imperial for sure. I would not want it.
            pseudo-expert

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
              Not the quality of Imperial for sure. I would not want it.
              I think so and the case also is new.

Regards Mike

Comment

My interrogation are more about to know if its just new or a complete fake. I dont really mind about value, it cost me nothing. I've trade it for a bunch of old postcard wich I had no use for me and was unable to sell even on e...

In my mind its a modern version, I'm sure of that. No imperial have that crapy quality, but it can be modern.

Thats the second thought I'd like to have about it, modern or just fake ? I know its crappy when you compare to late 1800's early 1900 version. ...

But it dosn't mean its a automatic fake because the order was still given today... and we all know about the general quality of order and medal made today in most country. Just have to chek the cupro-nickel crap now issue by Canadian goverment and compare with the silver they used 50 years ago. They are of worst quality, but still good legit piece.

Comment

I'm not familiar with modern versions of this order, but here is my example for comparison. I believe it dates from about 1910, and has a small red case.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X