Bavarian Ribbon Bar- unusual ribbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Ribbon Bar- unusual ribbon

I recently received this ribbon bar. I bought it because of the second ribbon. It is unlike one I have encountered before.

It is too light in colour to be the Bavarian Red Cross ribbon, which was my first thought. The only other ribbon I could find matching is for a Bavarian Jubilee medal for Regiment 62.

I would like to hear other members' views on this. Perhaps I am on the wrong track here.

Kind regards
    Pierce
    Attached Files

It looks to light but can it be the 2:nd bavarian reserve infantry regiment medal?

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post
      The only other ribbon I could find matching is for a Bavarian Jubilee medal for Regiment 62.
      I'm not sure what the ribbon is for, but it cannot be for this cross - as it went to Austrians only!
      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Thank you for your replies.

Sascha, of course, you are correct.

VonPeter, this could be it. Bavaria had a few regimental medals.

Are there any other opinions as to what this ribbon could represent?

Thank you
        Pierce

Comment

Maybe the Gendarmerie long service award? Or anything else, but this is the closest at Nimmergut.
          sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

This is also interesting to me as it appears that some sort of ribbon section was used for the backing.

Best regards,

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
              Maybe the Gendarmerie long service award? Or anything else, but this is the closest at Nimmergut.

Yes good thinking...I have found this medal on the Internet...the ribbon is a good match but mine is just slightly darker. Or maybe the ribbon on the example I post has just faded over time.

Would he be allowed to wear two long service ribbons?

Kind regards
              Pierce
              Attached Files

Comment

I think it's the Bavarian Red Cross medal for war effort. The ribbon is a bit faded-but then so are all the others.

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                  I think it's the Bavarian Red Cross medal for war effort. The ribbon is a bit faded-but then so are all the others.

Thank's for commenting.

I do not think it is the Bavarian Red Cross for a few reasons. In my opinion the Bavarian Red Cross ribbon is a lot darker than this ribbon (it may not show so well in photo). The blue in the Red Cross ribbon is the same blue as in the Bavarian MVO ribbon. Also the white stripes are thinker on the red cross ribbon. For me the "mystery ribbon" is not the Red Cross ribbon plus I am not sure if it would fit in with the rest of the combination on the ribbon bar(?).

I attach a photo of the 4-place ribbon bar pictured with the Red Cross ribbon bar for ribbon comparison. Also in hand my ribbon bar is in no way faded. It is very well preserved. Now the Red Cross ribbon is faded!

Kind regards
                  Pierce
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by luftkrieg; 02-25-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Yes- the Bavarian war service red cross cross often has a deeper blue ribbon like yours. See the one at the OMSA database. True, the stripes appear half the width thinner, but this doesn't bother me as much as the alternatives because :
                    1. I have seen other medal ribbons with 'width variations" that were obviously what they were purported to be- e.g. Anschluss medals with miniscule white stripes and also fatter ones.
                    2. If it isn't the red cross cross, then what is it? True, Weimar ribbon bars were all over the place, BUT there is a general tendency to put "war time" awards before campaign, long service and Jubilee medals. It is possible that it's some sort of regimental commemorative-or maybe even a "regimental diploma" ribbon, but the law of general probability hints that this was a war time award and therefore.....what else could it be?: Occams razor...
                    Last edited by McCulloh; 02-28-2011, 12:10 AM.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I was thinking the 14th INF Hartmann medal has a ribbon very similar to that. Here is a pic of the medal but I couldn't find a pic of it with the ribbon.
                      Gary
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
                        I may be wrong, but I was thinking the 14th INF Hartmann medal has a ribbon very similar to that. Here is a pic of the medal but I couldn't find a pic of it with the ribbon.
                        Gary
                        Hi Gary,

I did a search too and cannot find an image of this ribbon but hanks for posting the photo.

While I was searching I did find this though...could this be a possibility?

I refer to ribbon A: A= Sicherheitsdienstausz. I.+ II. Kl. (Bavarian Security decoration)

The stripes and colour match perfectly.

Kind regards
                        Pierce
                        Attached Files

Comment

well...hellblau ist hellblau nicht wahr?

Ok I am convinced: Gendarmerie or Munich Schutzmannschaft

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh View Post
                            Ok I am convinced: Gendarmerie or Munich Schutzmannschaft
                            Ah it took something!

Does anyone have a photo of this Sicherheitsdienstausz decoration?

Kind regards
                            Pierce

Comment

Originally posted by luftkreig View Post

While I was searching I did find this though...could this be a possibility?

I refer to ribbon A: A= Sicherheitsdienstausz. I.+ II. Kl. (Bavarian Security decoration)

The stripes and colour match perfectly.

Kind regards
                              Pierce
                              Ding ding ding, i think we have a winner!
                              But seriously, that must be it.

I know how much it sucks to have something that you cant identify. So Congrats! You can sleep well tonight.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X