Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsches Feld Ehrenzeichen - Opinions Please

Hi Everyone,

Please could I ask for second opinions on this award? I recently sold it on the e-stand and the buyer feels it is not genuine due to the blued finish and badge hardware (hinge and pin).

Thanks for looking.

All the best,
    Toby.

PS Sorry about the small photos but they are all I have.
    Attached Files

The buyer has also posted the award but in the Crosses section (no replies, hence why I'm reposting). Here's the link to his photos:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=495115

Comment

Toby,
      I would agree--this isn't the standard pattern. I was sent one of these (IMO copies) and since they were all made by the same manufacturer I believe, there shouldn't be any variation. The quality is not the same as the original examples.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Thank you very much for taking a look Erich. Off to the box of horrors it goes.

All the best,
        Toby.

Comment

Mmmmh,

in all german fora these ones are normally accepted as originals....with this hardware/setup.
          The piece shown here seems to be assembled not in the best way but i vote here for an original one.

HereĀ“s mine what i owned....sadly sold it last year
          And it was, as i said before, accepted as an original.

I collected imperial awards for a few years, sold them and switched to 57ers.....but now my old love is coming back
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply Ruediger. In light of your post, I searched a couple of the German forums.

Am I correct to think the cased example shown by user "Digital" in the following thread is the same as my one?

http://www.militaria-fundforum.de/sh...zeichen&page=2

Best regards,
            Toby.

Comment

Seewolf's example is fine and the hardware is known on other WW1 vintage crosses such as Prussian EK1s and Oldenburg FA1Xs. As for the badge at the top of the thread, there ARE subtle differences with Seewolf's example and, taking it's pristine condition into account (not in itself a bad sign) I have some minor concerns over that particular example (I also know Hamburger Feldehrenzeichen are now being reproduced but I can't remember the exact obverse details or hardware).

As for these only being produced by one manufacturer therefore they must all be the same, that is simply not correct. Here are 3 very different examples from my collection.

Regards
              Mike
              Attached Files
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I stand corrected--apparently more than one manufacturer made these for the organization. I still think the first example is a modern copy based on the details, finish, enameling, etc.
                Erich
                Festina lente!

Comment

Many thanks for your input Mike.

All the best,
                  Toby.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X