No announcement yet.

1870 Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a awesome bar! Very interesting how the EK ribbon is mounted over the S-W-E ribbon.

Comment

Since there are no hooks on the plate, some means must be made to attach the medal to the bar. An old piece of ribbon was first sewn around the bar, then the medal ring was sewn to the scrap ribbon. The proper ribbon was then attached over the old one. You will never see a piece of scrap ribbon on a bar that has hooks for the medals provided. Gary

Comment

Originally posted by saschaw View Post
        Nice bar!

Zähringer ribbon is not black. The ribbon used here is some from the grand duchy of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach.
        I see the black now, before near the 1870 I only say gold and green. It is out of focus. It still looks yellow to me.

Comment

Ill zap some better pics up for future reference

Besides it is pretty.
          Best
          Dion
          Attached Files
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

Attached Files
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Originally posted by morel5000 View Post
              Hi Dion,

after an add.. Granny decides to turn this in? Which newspaper can I post? Where can I sign? please, Please, PLEASE?

Very nice addition!
              Best regards,
              Michel
              Lach, Try supermarkets. I rarely get a hit from them because I think the workers take my ads down thinking it is neo nazi.

When I do get a hit its always some crazy Imperial good stuff.

I do not know 1870 crosses but the situation was right and I didnt even look the cross over. It was an automatic gut "This is good!"

I carry my ads shopping to the market, Im there so whats the harm in posting it on the pin board. Im trying to get a car and when I have one Im just going to randomly cruise the autobahn and go off into small villages and post in the supermarkets there,,,its not like I have a life lol

Best
              D
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

If I try supermarket adds in Holland I probably only get oak furniture.

Everybody here got internet so almost no bargains (of course there are but...you have to be extremely lucky), also flea-markets almost turn up nothing. I found a hindy cross once, at the bottom of a box with iron nails and keys. Pricetag: 80 Euros...

I hope you'll find some more imperial treasures!

Best regards,
                Michel

Comment

I found a hindy cross once, at the bottom of a box with iron nails and keys. Pricetag: 80 Euros...

Comment

If I try supermarket adds in Holland I probably only get oak furniture.

Everybody here got internet so almost no bargains (of course there are but...you have to be extremely lucky), also flea-markets almost turn up nothing. I found a hindy cross once, at the bottom of a box with iron nails and keys. Pricetag: 80 Euros...

I hope you'll find some more imperial treasures!

Best regards,
                    Michel

I had a younger woman show up from a supermarket ad once, well in her 50s or so. She had a beautiful medal bar. We had coffee and a great converstaion. She had IMperial stuff, good stuff. I wanted it badly and offered her a great price. She then told me it was her ex husbands and she hated him and wanted me to have it all for free. I told her its not fair, and she insisited, she hated him
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X