Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 Ribbon Bar

Hey guys,

Here is an 8-ribbon bar for your review, all Imperial. Your unabashed feedback is appreciated!

Since I'm posting here for the first time today, I thought I should let you know I'm just beginning to learn about this end of it (most of my stuff is cloth headgear, uniforms and firearms).

The backing on this one looks ok to me given some of the "Ohio fake" samples I've seen. But please let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,

Jason
    Attached Files

Left & middle...
    Attached Files

Comment

...and right!
      Attached Files

Comment

The third ribbon is for the WW2 Iron Cross and the fourth is the 1934 issued honor cross. The blue long service ribbon may be TR as well. Gary

Comment

The ribbons look very clean and maybe new. Just my opinion.
          Imperial German Medalbars and Ribbonbars

Comment

The 3rd ribbon is not an EK2 1939, more likely a Preussian Red Cross medal.

cheers
            Peter

Comment

First of all, sincere thanks to all of you for your initial thoughts! There has been discussion of the actual awards - does that mean that general consensus deems this ribbon bar genuine pre-WWII?

My understanding of each award is as follows (from left to right):

1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class
              1914-1918 Prussian War Volunteer Cross
              1914-1918 Kyffhauserbund Medal
              1914-1918 Cross of Honor with Swords for combatant
              1914-1918 Austrian Campaign Medal with gilt crossed swords device for combatants
              Prussian Army Long Service Medal
              Imperial State of Charlottenburg War Service Cross
              Hungarian Campaign Medal for War Service 1914-1918 with crossed swords device for front line combatants

Paul - I agree, the ribbons look very clean. If the backing attachment looks good, then this would not worry me, personally. I assume that many of these ribbon bars were not worn in combat, and thus, would remain very clean and fresh if stored properly. But that is an assumption on my part.

Best regards,

Jason

Comment

If you don't mind, maybe we can see better pictures of the pin system please. Have you checked the bar with the "black light"?

Third ribbon is Prussian Red Cross medal 2nd or 3rd class (Preußischen Rote Kreuz-Medaille) 1898-1921.

Last edited by Noor; 02-09-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Great, Noor! Thanks for posting a pic of that medal to confirm the third placement.

I don't yet have this in my possession, so I can't take closer pictures or perform the black light test. Was trying to get as much of a confirmation upfront.

I understand that final confirmation may not be possible until I have the piece in hand. So as much as anybody can discern from the pics provided is helpful.

J-

Comment

IMO the awards are as follows:

1914 Iron Cross 2nd Class
                    1914-1918 Prussian War Volunteer Cross
                    Prussian Red Cross Medal
                    1914-1918 Cross of Honor with Swords
                    1914-1918 Austrian Commemorative Medal
                    Prussian Long Service Medal
                    Austro-Hungarian Balkan Mobilisation Cross 1912-1913
                    Hungarian Commemorative Medal

Kind regards
                    Pierce

Comment

I'm with Paul. I'm not sure.

The Prussian Rote-Kreuz-Medaille is ment to be the 3rd class (all bronze), as 2nd and 3rd class were worn together, and noone should get the 2nd class without the 3rd class.

An Austrian Balkan Mobilisation Cross does not make sense on a Prussian's bar. Only award to match is the Inhaber-Jubiläumsmedaille, an Austrian medal that was given to (some, not all) soldiers in those foreign units whose honour chef was Kaiser Franz Joseph. There were two Prussian units, so the former wearer probably was in one of those two.

If the bar is good.
                      sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
                        The 3rd ribbon is not an EK2 1939, more likely a Preussian Red Cross medal.

cheers
                        Peter
                        You are correct. My mistake! Gary

Comment

Was able to take better pics for you guys. The ribbon bar is actually more dingy than the original pictures suggest, showing slight use instead of looking mint. Backing and construction look good to me as well.

J-
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X