Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What documents are these?

Hi,

I bought this set a year ago but I don't know what these documents are. Could anyone help me? They belonged to Albert Leipoldt who belonged to an association of veterans, "Der Stahlhelm" (the Steel Helmet). But I don't know what documents are these...

Is a worth try to restore it?

Any comments about this mark?

Thank you!!

The documents are for the Iron Cross 2nd Class and the Hindenburg Cross with Swords, both of which you have there.

Naturally, the Militärpaß is worth keeping around, but I'd personally leave it in the condition I found it in.

You might have to check with the Iron Cross experts, but I think that the Iron Cross is a Wagner.

BTW, IR 471 was from Alsace and was formed in 1917. What's interesting is that IR 471 only first went into the trenches on 20 August 1917. In September, "it was sent to the Woevre in the sector of Calonne trench." They stayed in this sector until early October when the were sent to Ypres and suffered heavy losses there due to British attacks on the 9th and 12th October 1917.

Utffz. Leipoldt must have won his Iron Cross in the regiment's first skirmishes, even before they had seen heavy action!
    Last edited by MauserKar98k; 01-30-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

The hand written text tells us that the soldier 4 May 1918 was promted to Sanitäts-

Vicefeldwebel because auf his bravery in front of the enemy (Tapferkeit vor dem Feind).

Gerdan

Comment

The cross is not a Wagner. We are not sure who the maker of the
        IVI marked crosses is.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
          The cross is not a Wagner. We are not sure who the maker of the
          IVI marked crosses is.
          Ah, so it's an IVI. Thanks for the clarification Greg.

Comment

The 471.I.R. was formed on November 6, 1916 in Straßburg by various Ersatz Battalions of the regiments of the XV.A.K.. It was mobilized on March 1, 1917.

Chip

Comment

Thank you very much,
              many very iteresting informations!!

[]´s

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X