Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austrian Pilot Badges by Zimbler

Hi guys!
    Is this Austrian pilot badge any good? If so, is it period?
    Thanks!!
    Greg
    100_2909.jpg

100_2910.jpg

Hey guys, does any one know if this pilot's is good?
    Thanks!!
    Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

Can you post closeups of the crown and the reverse hardware, as well as the hallmarks? As you know, these Zimbler items have been heavily faked.

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
        Hi Greg,

Can you post closeups of the crown and the reverse hardware, as well as the hallmarks? As you know, these Zimbler items have been heavily faked.
        Hi Vince! Those 2 are the only 2 I have other than this MM. I'll pass on it if it's even a little iffy!! They want $300 for it??
        Darn it!
        Thanks!!
        Greg
        100_2911.jpg

Comment

Vince/Greg,

You can zoom in on the original PIC's or actually see the enlagements if you click on the original photos. I don't want to say where exactly, as Greg is considering this one.

Greg,

There are a few past threads here in this forum on these, so a search may help. I believe I posted some links to a couple of sites in one of them. I might also suggest checking some dealer sites/archives. It may help you.

Best of luck!
          Tim

Comment

Thanks Tim! But without expert help, I've check several threads and it looks like a major minefield with these pieces!!
            Greg

Comment

Hello,

the Zimbler hallmark looks more similar to that used on the reproductions made by the Budapest-based firm of Horvath, than to the one used by Messrs. Zimbler during the a-h monarchy. On original marks the first line should be like "J. ZIMBLER", while on copies it appears like "J.ZIMBLER".

The pin also appears quite suspect.

A better and larger image of the obverse, with details of the crown, eagle, green-enamelled leaves and cartouche with the imperial monogram, would be very useful.

I agree that austro-hungarian "Feldpilotenabzeichen" can be a real minefield.

Best wishes,

Elmar Lang
              Last edited by Elmar Lang; 01-31-2011, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks Elmar! I also noticed that seems to be missing the 3 white beads in the crown that I saw on many good ones in the threads I reviewed.
                Appreciate it!
                I decided to pass!!
                Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X