Bavaria order of st hubertus in cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavaria order of st hubertus in cloth

<hr> A friend of mine is looking to put this award up on the market. However its been difficult trying to find a relative value. He took it to the max a few years ago with a couple of the larger German dealers trying to buy it but would not come up with a price. The Prussian version of this award in cloth is somewhere around 1600 or so. Any info would help.

the Iron cross in cloth exist legitimately ,,so WY not this one

Comment

Originally posted by Justin View Post
      <hr> A friend of mine is looking to put this award up on the market. However its been difficult trying to find a relative value. He took it to the max a few years ago with a couple of the larger German dealers trying to buy it but would not come up with a price. The Prussian version of this award in cloth is somewhere around 1600 or so. Any info would help.
      Justin:

There is NO "Prussian equivalent of this award". This is a Royal Bavarian award only. This piece looks genuine, but unfortunately it is in poor condition. Even in perfect condition, compared to metal stars, the market demand is a bit weak for these. In this condition, I would value it at approximately US$800 or so.

Best regards

Comment

Prussian version of the award was the wrong term should of been equivalent.

Comment

Hello,

it is interesting to note that the paper backing on the reverse shows a pencil-written note "zu 59...", where the last digit could be a "5".

Translating from German, this means "to no. 59...", being a note from an inventory of a collection or an ancient group of orders.

...if such pieces could talk...

Elmar Lang

Comment

Hello Justin,

For comparison, here is a very similar example...
            Attached Files

Comment

... which I think might be a bit younger than yours.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello Rangemaster,

Basically, I agree with your point that the market demand for embroidered stars is relatively weak, even though, in my opinion they are often more historically significant and reflect a type and quality of workmanship that is so superior that comparisons are virtually impossible. Nevertheless, I do think that, offered in the proper venue, this star could realize a price the other side of $1.000.

While we are on the subject, please allow me to introduce Grrandpa. He measures about 28 cm x 29 cm and is to be worn on a gala vest.
                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X