Looking for PLM Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for PLM Photo

Years ago, before I started collecting militaria, I saw a photo which interested me. It was a pic of a WW1 German propeller that had been cut down so only the center section and very short stubs of the blades were present. It was mounted on a piece of wood so that it would sit on a desk. Attached to the prop were, IIRC, 3 medals. I'm thinking it was a PLM in the center, an Iron Cross and possibly another medal. I don't know if the pic was taken in Germany at a vet's home or if the piece was possibly a WW2 bringback. I saw it so many years ago that my memory may be way off on this.

Has anyone seen, or does anyone have that pic? Gary

Originally posted by Ammersee View Post
    ?..Has anyone seen, or does anyone have that pic? Gary
    I know the one you mean Gary... But can't for the life of me remember where I saw it either. I have a suspicion it was either a Thiess catalogue or perhaps an old reference book like Bowen or something.

I' ll have a dig around when I get home.

Marshall

Comment

I saw this as well and am certain I saw in an internet auction ( eb** ), and it was a few years ago, maybe 5years. neat thing, definitely appeared as though a PLM had once been part of the group.

Comment

If someone finds it, Please post it. I'm sure some of us would
        like to see it----I know I would.

Comment

PLM Photo

I can't post the picture, but I believe the photo you are seeking is on the Orden Pour Le Merite website under the misc tab. (www.pourlemerite.org)
          Old prop hub clock with PLM attached. Hope this helps.
          Regards,
          JMD
          Last edited by fr8tdog; 01-20-2011, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks fr8tdog! I believe that could be the prop and medals that I saw many years ago although it may have been a different photo. That would be a really amazing find. I wonder how many more are out there like that? Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X