EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A complete set of Braunschweiger Bewährungsabzeichen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A complete set of Braunschweiger Bewährungsabzeichen!

Here is a cool complete set of Braunschweiger Bewährungsabzeichen. The War Merit Cross 2. Class with this badge attached, the buttonhole ribbons and the ribbon-bar:
    Attached Files

Wow....nice Jens. Thanks for sharing. What were the terms for entitlement for these?

Cheers,

Adam

Comment

Jens: what do the BACKS look like? Are those sewn on because of pins or prongs breaking off, or are there NONE?

The buttonhole ribbons are presumably circa 1918, and I'm still trying to figure out what "original" issues look like, front and back, compared to the ??? who knows how "old" ones on mounted 1930s+ groups.

Comment

What were the terms for entitlement for these?
        Clasp to the Brunswick War Merit Cross, Second Class

AKA The Proved clasp

1. The receipient had to be a Brunswick native as of August 1, 1914 or if not a Brunswicker, an officer in one of its formations.

2. He had to serve two years of "unbroken service" in the field. This was caveatted to permit up to two months of hospital and/or home leave during the period of qualification.

3. The receipient had to have a record of good conduct (usually applied only to men in the ranks, being presumed for officers).

All requirements were waived in the case of death.

Prisoner of war status is not known.

Comment

The prongs on all two are or were broken off and they are sewed onto the ribbons.

Comment

Thankfully....

.... for once I paid attention to who was bidding. Excellent set and very glad you won!

Comment

@ David...thanks for the briefing, much appreciated!

A very nice set...one day I'll find some myself I hope, they are attractive and display well.

Cheers!

Adam

Comment

eBay can be very good to those with good eyes!
                Great snag Jens!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X