Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1914 Decorated bowl with oak leaves & acorns

Hi gents

I have recently obtained this EK bowl, which I find quite interesting, how ever I do not know any thing regarding its history? Could it have been awarded with an EK 2 as a memento for home?

The bow appears to be manufacture out of steel, with triangular cut outs around the bowl. The centre plaque seems to be stone ware glazed pottery in white. The face depicts an EK 2, surrounded by a wreath of acorns and oak leaves. The bottom of the pottery is marked

“2 C 12”

Makers mark?? Regiment? .Sadly as you can see from the pics the pottery has been damaged.

Any idea on the vaule side of things ?

If any one can in lighten me into the history of this piece or any other information regarding its function then I would be most appreciative.
    <O

Many thanks

Kindest of regards <O</O

Mark
    Last edited by Mauser; 03-31-2004, 12:00 PM.

Front

Front of bowl
    Attached Files

Comment

rear

rear
      Attached Files

Comment

side

d
        Attached Files

Comment

close up

close up
          Attached Files

Comment

mark

m
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice one. Its a patriotic item, they made tons of these during the war. Not too many survived though as pottery breaks (you are lucky yours has all the pieces and is still displayable). I have never seen this particular one but regular plates pop up often on German Ebay and can still be bought for $20-30.

Comment

Thanks vadim for the helpfull information , Dose any one eles have more information on these bowls, like where they were made via the makers mark on the bottom of the pottery"thats if they are of refrance to the maker ? Any more information on this bowl would be most helpfull.

Many thanks

Kindest Regards

Mark

Comment

Has any one got any more additional information/History on this bowl ?

Kindest Regards

Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X