EK1 with two disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EK1 with two disks

Never seen this model before, can be good?

Thanks
    Mike
    Attached Files

the model exist ,
    the core is a all round core .(godet /maybauer)

that little spot on the top off the upper arm ? is the thing that concerned me .
    if you get that one in ,,you better check the soldering rely good first ...

Comment

Hello, I think there was a little pin for hold the cross in the little spot.

regards
      Mike

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
      the model exist ,
      the core is a all round core .(godet /maybauer)

that little spot on the top off the upper arm ? is the thing that concerned me .
      if you get that one in ,,you better check the soldering rely good first ...

Comment

This is a nice Godet with its anti-rotation pin broken off.
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

I agree with Trevor, even though the core is not maker specific the frame and the oval disc indicate it is most likely Godet - and a nice one even if the anti-rotation pin has been lost.

Regards
          Mike
          Regards
          Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

I agree everything that been said. This style of cross is still one that
            eludes me. One day I WILL own one.

Comment

I believe it's known as an oval washer attachement. Here's mine. You can see the anti rotation pin that is broken off yours. Not an easy one to find.
              Attached Files

Comment

Without the hardware. You can see it's similar to yours.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here's mine, a bit tarted up:

By the way, I have recently discovered some additional evidence that this piece is by Godet (if more were needed). I was looking into Godet Iron Crescents (AKA Gallipoli Stars), as some of you may recall. Eventually I figured out what the real, proper Godet type of Iron Crescent was, in case I found one unmarked (which I don't mind). The Godet Iron Crescent -- or at least one of Godet's types (there may be multiples) -- has a very particular and easily identifiable arrangement of rivets to the reverse, and specific attachments to the obverse that are fairly easy to distinguish from other makers. In my searches, I found one Iron Crescent that had every clearly identifiable feature of a Godet, and the exact same reverse hardware as that seen on these oval-disc screwback EK1s. So, these screwback EK1s have the traditional Godet EK1 (and EK2) frame, the so-called "Godet" core, and this same type of hardware is also used on Godet Iron Crescents. In my mind there is no doubt that this piece was made by Godet.
                  Best regards,
                  Streptile

Comment

Omg THAT one is AWESOME Trevor!

Btw- at the Moment there are MANY MANY MANY Godet EK1s on sale on german ebay, 5 or so the last 2 weeks. Always that standart pattern type you show, just with diferent backsides - needle, fangs, double discs. Are there news that godet is a fake or why is there such a godet selling wave?!

Nontheless, both are original Godets.

I for me don´t need to have this standart pattern Godet anymore.. waiting for this one
                    Attached Files

Comment

with fangs on the backside ?

or just a WS

Comment

Originally posted by Kraal View Post
                        I for me don´t need to have this standart pattern Godet anymore.. waiting for this one
                        Hi Andy,

Is that one marked for Godet on the reverse? I know they used this core.
                        Best regards,
                        Streptile

Comment

It´s a vaulted Godet Berlin Version, granted an unmarked piece. Here is another one, posted by a fellow WAF Member if I remember correctly, hope he doesn´t mind if I repost this pics.

Note that there are 2 different types of the vaulted Godet Berlin Needle Versions (actually I`ve only seen two diffrent ones, maybe there are more): They differ slightly in the beading style of the inner corners and have a different needle block.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

did you get it?

Best regards,
                            Michel

Comment

Next time will be

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X