A nice EK2 Award Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice EK2 Award Document

I just picked up a beautiful EK2 award doc at the Toronto Antique Arms and Militaria show yesterday. Actually bought it from another association member Kampfer before it could hit the estand or his website!

It's printed on heavy, good quality linen paper to an NCO candidate. Wish I'd taken notes, I was a bit tired at the end of a long day, but I believe Martin told me that he thought it was issued in a field hospital (is this apparent from the stamp?) to someone who had completed NCO training but had not yet been promoted.
    Anyway, great quality document - enjoy the pics!
    Attached Files

Close up of the stamp

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

That's quite an interesting document! The material is unusual, as is the color decoration. These were obviously intended as "special deals" for personal awards from the Army Corps commander in person, but that bit has been struck out and the divisional commander's title is written in.

This recipient was a Sanitäts-Unteroffizier-- medical corps corporal, and serving with the field hospital indicated. That's why it was issued by his CO, the medical Captain commanding.

15th Inf Div had been being ground to pulp on the Somme since July. In October it was along the Sailly to Saillisel sector of the Somme.

Comment

Thanks for the info Rick! I'm still struggling with Imperial German handwriting (heck, I struggle to read my own at times) so I was reading it as a candidate NCO.
            I can only imagine what he did to win his EK2 as a medic along the Somme...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X