HELP! Württemberg uniform question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Württemberg uniform question

I have been thinking about buying a reproduction WW1 German uniform "just because" I collect West German uniforms and know just enough to be dangerous on Imperial uniforms, I want to portray a Württemberg unit, such as IR 120 or 124. And here is where I get confused. Since Württemberg's army was technically part of the Prussian Army during wartime:

What color cap cockade did they wear? Württemberg or Prussian colors?
    What type of belt buckle, Württemberg or Prussian?
    What type of colar (rank) disks did they use? Württemberg's coat of arms or Prussia's eagle?

I was thinking of a M15 bluse with the bottle green colar, this should be correct?

Any help would be appriciated, so when I go to buy I have it "right"

Passauer,

While all the armies of the Reich were under the field leadership of the Prussians, Württemberg had it own army with their distinctive insignia. So for a post September 1915 Bluse outfit, a Württemberger would have painted steel NCO collar disks with the Württemberg Wappen. The belt buckle would also be painted steel with the Furchtlos und Treu motto and Wappen. The cap cockades would be in the black and red Württemberg colors. Finally, don't forget that the 120 and 124 infantry regiment's shoulder straps had royal crowns and mongrams on them, not the unit number. If you use a number such as 120, you would then be portraying the RIR.120 or the LIR.120.

Also, the collar is not "bottle green" that would more correctly describe the color of a Wehrmacht collar. The "Resedagrün" cloth of the M15 Bluse collar was more of a pea green or maybe gray green.

Chip

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X