Attached Files
    Iam Uncle Sam
    That’s who Iam
    Been hiding out
    In a rock and roll band

Comment

I'm unsure. At first glance it looks good. The frame style is similar
      to those on period Wagner pieces. BUT I have never seen one that
      is silver marked. Another thing that puts me off a bit is the soft details
      of the crown especially the soft bulbous looking beads in the sweatband.

Best guess is possibly a Jubilee era piece OR it's got a newly cast core in
      a 1914 frame.

I am giving it a 80% . It's a good looking piece but with the cost
      involved with a 1st class 1870, I'm being overly cautious. Maybe others
      will have a different point of view.

Comment

Dion,

Can you possible show pictures of the seams, like these?
        Attached Files
        Best regards,
        Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

morning trevor
          Attached Files
          Iam Uncle Sam
          That’s who Iam
          Been hiding out
          In a rock and roll band

Comment

If they are all like that,,,,,, the soldering is good ,,,,

but ,,,that dos not mean a good jeweller can do the same with re soldering..

fore the cross ,,,,

it can be a period 1900 cross ,,,,in my opinion 4/5 off the ek's with A core are from the 1900 .

this cross only confirms what I was suspecting fore some time now ..

I like it ,,wood like to have it in hand to see what is going on with this cross ..

and put it under my micro scoop to compare it with other 1900 crosses

regards kay

Comment

Originally posted by Montgomery Burns View Post
              If they are all like that,,,,,, the soldering is good ,,,,

but ,,,that dos not mean a good jeweller can do the same with re soldering..

fore the cross ,,,,

it can be a period 1900 cross ,,,,in my opinion 4/5 off the ek's with A core are from the 1900 .

this cross only confirms what I was suspecting fore some time now ..

I like it ,,wood like to have it in hand to see what is going on with this cross ..

and put it under my micro scoop to compare it with other 1900 crosses

regards kay
              Drop on by with some beer and a microscope,,,you are more then welcome.

The story on this Ek is me and my buddy hit a local auction . A rather large collection was moving through it. This was in a case of EKs. There were about 30 total in it. 2 Prinzens were in it and all pieces checked out good. This collector must have died but sure had some good taste. Ive never handled an 1870 ek1 but in my gut I feel good on this one especially with the lot it came with. My friend who is mre aquainted with these and Iperial in general says it is about circa 1890 to 1900.

Thats all I can add on it.

Best
              Dion
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

if it is indeed a 1890/1900 and you wood put on a micro scoop

the surface off the iron core wood a lot like the surfase on my picture ..

regards kay
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't want to say it were bad, but the reverse does not look like something I'd like to see. Especially the finish does not look old to me.
                  sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

The seams look good. Honestly I am a bit surprised how good they look.
                    I think this is a good example of a Jubilee era (1895+) cross.

I have attached a picture of a Good early Wagner 1870. You can really
                    see the difference in core quality. That the the 800 marked frame tell
                    me it is not an early piece. Am I 100% sure it's the real deal----NO.
                    But I can't see anything that tells me it's fake either. So I am thinking
                    Jubilee.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by gregM; 09-25-2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I don't like the core on this one, seems awfully porous and weak for a later issue. The reverse hardware isn't bad, but as previously stated, there isn't much wear or aging to the reverse, and the markings aren't typical either.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X