Turkish medal Osmanie Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkish medal Osmanie Order

Way out of my league here. I am interested in first determining if this is original. Would also like some idea on value if anyone can help. Condition is good, with a very minor chip to enamel on the front that is hard to see, and some very minor to ends of 3 star rays on the reverse right at their tips. I already know that the ribbon is not right, but this was how it came. Gilt is thinning on the star and crescent hangerand only light traces of gilt on the crescent in the middle. I like it, looks good to me and feels right but like I say, I dont know what I am talking about here. Would also like to know if these were betowed on German soliders in WWI. I read somewhere that the military award had swords, but then I checked some bars posted on this site and see where it looks like some without swords are on German solider bars. Finally, I think this is a third class?? It measures 65mm across. Thanks for any help!
    Attached Files

More photos

More shots
    Attached Files

Comment

More photos

More pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Kevin,

Out of my area as well but, perhaps Don or someone else here will know one way or the other. If no one answers, try GMIC and post it in the Turkish section. I know Demir and a few others that will know for sure and perhaps even give a realistic valuation.

I know there are some high quality copies coming out on Turkish ODM's these days, so hope it turns out good for you! Sure looks beautiful!
        Tim

Comment

IMHO am 3rd Class original Osmanie-Order of turkish Production. The enamel looks a bit worn. Value: approx. 350 to 450 USD. if the enamel ist perfectly intact it could be a bit more in the bay.

haynau

Comment

I saw a picture in an antique store today behind glass with a british officer wearing one of these awarded in the boer war. I would think its worth more than that if its that old. I saw one tiny chip at the top point, but i think its way cool. Wish i had one like it. Maybe i can go back and take a photo , as it is the exact medal.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              I would think its worth more than that if its that old.
              I have a rock from my backyard that is 3 billion years old so it must be worth a fortune.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Thanks

Thanks so far for the information. I know British officers were issued this medal. Looks like German officers as well after about 1915 til the edn of the war. I have seen medal bars at least with the 4th class award for German medals. Don, maybe if you throw a nice ribbon on your rock it would garner some interest? You'll have to let us all know. Any more info again is appreciated!

Comment

Depending on the type and age of the ribbon it might drive the price up to the point where only an advanced collector could afford it.
                  pseudo-expert

Comment

[quote=Don Doering;4160766]I have a rock from my backyard that is 3 billion years old so it must be worth a fortune.[/quote]

Sorry, but I thought the comment was...priceless!

Kevin,

Try asking Demir and some others at GMIC for more opinions, it's in your best interest.

Tim

Comment

Hi,
                      This is a nice Osmani order Ottoman make. I am totally in aggreement with Haynau. Price: 300-500 $. Ribbon: green and red borders at the sides.
                      Nice order enjoy it.
                      Demir

Comment

Hi Demir. Glad to see you posting here.
                        pseudo-expert

Comment

Yes! Welcome Demir, your expertise will be a great addition here.
                          Tim

Comment

Thanks

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards

demir

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X