No announcement yet.

Imperial Helmet Haul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eric did you see my earlier message about the helmet values ,I think we were writing at the same time ,Rob
    God please take justin bieber and gave us dio back

Comment

Eric- I would be interested in the Shako

Comment

Dirk,

Here is a close up of the shako. I don't think this plate went with this helmet.

Seems to be strings holding it on.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Queen
          Close up of one of the Ulans
          Great find. It makes you feel good about looking for this stuff.

Steve Ray

Comment

Eric, Great helmets, and proves that things are still around hidden in attics and the like.

If it becomes available I'm really be intersted in that Austian Berndorfer, and please don't remove the tape from any of them!!

Don

Comment

OOps
              Inadvertantly posted to this thread. Please delete

Steve
              Last edited by SteveR; 02-29-2004, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Eric, to me the tape, stamps and labels ADD to the value of the helmet...removing them would be a travesty IMO. Its amazing to me that guys could mail stuff home like that w/ no wrapping or box. I think this was done in WWII as well, as I have seen WWII helmets with mailing labels on the shells. Maybe I'll try it next time I sell a helmet

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hopkins
                  Eric, to me the tape, stamps and labels ADD to the value of the helmet...removing them would be a travesty IMO. Its amazing to me that guys could mail stuff home like that w/ no wrapping or box. I think this was done in WWII as well, as I have seen WWII helmets with mailing labels on the shells. Maybe I'll try it next time I sell a helmet
                  I agree Andy and of course I would never remove anything from any of the helmets.

EQ

Comment

I have a couple of correct Wappens for Tsapkas if you are interested. I have a complete Prussian garde eagle with star and a Prussian line eagle which would also fit the Tschako. I would sell or trade the Wappen. Do you have any interest in selling or trading one of the Tsapkas?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X