1/4" ek2 1914- purpose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/4" ek2 1914- purpose?

this 10mm 3-part cross came with an apparently correctly-sized ribbon. as it's not for a stickpin, is the purpose to dangle from a 'ketrte' as worn on civilian clothes or what? thanks.

sorry must resize pix....

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

From what I understand there were little regulation on the manufacture and wear in the time before the 3rd reich, it may have been worn for the reason you stated or many others I would think. There may not have been a specific regulation in regard to wear on this item. Of course I am no expert and we can see what others say.
          Looks pretty nice though, I am not to fond of the ribbon, may be also used for the minature medal chains which would not have had a ribbon, possibly fake ribbon.
          Dave

Comment

On closer look of ribbon it may be period though probably used for ribbon lapel bows and I still think possibly the cross was used on the chains. I do not believe the ribbon goes with the cross.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

thanks - btw the cross is magnetic and, again, it's s a 2-piece silver (?) frame.

Comment

I will let someone more knowledgeable on ribbons to comment on authenticity, but as new/mint as it looks, it doesn't match the patina/wear on the cross.
                  The cross being as small as it is may be the device that hangs on the button whole ribbon.
                  Dave

Comment

sorry earlier I mean 'kette' the chain that sometimes supported minis like this.... if it was for a buttonhole I'd guess the reverse would be blank b/c you wouldn't see it...
                    I can't find this in 'The Iron Time' st. previtara's EK book (1999).

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
                      sorry earlier I mean 'kette' the chain that sometimes supported minis like this.... if it was for a buttonhole I'd guess the reverse would be blank b/c you wouldn't see it...
                      I can't find this in 'The Iron Time' st. previtara's EK book (1999).
                      Not true in all cases, they did have some that were suspended in the same fashion as the mothers crosses of WW2 of course on a button rather that a pin.

Comment

ok great, dave. does this look official - or more like a 'patriotic' item civvies bought at stores or war rallies? possibly for a lady's bracelet or the like?

Comment

Originally posted by inimicus View Post
                          ok great, dave. does this look official - or more like a 'patriotic' item civvies bought at stores or war rallies? possibly for a lady's bracelet or the like?
                          I believe all the button hole ribbons with or without the device were private purchase, but would have to show proof of the right to wear it , I don't think just anyone could walk in and purchase one.
                          Not really schooled on the regulation though of such items.
                          Maybe Trevor can step in with an opinion as he is much more knowledgeable than I in crosses and may confirm my statement or give a more accurate statement about it.
                          Dave

Comment

Wow, 10 mm, three piece construction?

Stunning.
                            sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

A year back I was hunting down one off these ,,,didn't get it

but it is looking identical

from what I see its a 100% period peace ,,,very rare .

I love it

regards kay

what about the other side ?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X