Attached Files

Comment

j
      Attached Files

Comment

k
        Attached Files

Comment

pin is not from silver ,,but I think from aluminium .

Comment

Looks to be a CD800 core but the pin is unfamiliar to me, I haven't seen one with the little round stop on it before. The reverse appears to be out of sync with the obverse condition wise, could it have been cleaned?

I'm also not familiar with the case lining, any chance of a shot of the exterior.

Chris

Comment

Kay, see the 2d mark on this page: http://www.925-1000.com/Fgerman_marks_a1884_2.html

There was an ebay seller a couple of years ago that sold quite a few EK1s with different hallmarks. I don't know if this is one of them but it struck me as odd at the time.
              pseudo-expert

Comment

Smells like crap. I would not touch it.
                sigpic

Visit www.woeschler-orden.de, updated each 1st and 15th a month!

Comment

Originally posted by Don Doering View Post
                  Kay, see the 2d mark on this page: http://www.925-1000.com/Fgerman_marks_a1884_2.html

There was an ebay seller a couple of years ago that sold quite a few EK1s with different hallmarks. I don't know if this is one of them but it struck me as odd at the time.

thank you Don ,,that is some trace you found there ,,,,I thank you fore it 1000 times

from here I can go on ,,,
                  bingoooooooooooooooooooooooooo .

Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 04-12-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Purhaps a good Ek2 turned into a Ek1.

Comment

Originally posted by gregM View Post
                      Purhaps a good Ek2 turned into a Ek1.
                      I have to agree with Greg. The whole back looks new. The markings look cut by hand, not stamped. Ammersee

Comment

back just looks brand new

Comment

don't worry

to me it is still a highly suspect ek ....

the down side's

about the back ( holding it in hand ) its not looking more new than other ek's I seen ( just the picture )

it is not polished ,,,,but grindet very roughly with polish wool or something ..
                          (makes it even moor alarming)

I do not like the soldering ,,, but there are more examples off not all to nice soldering .... from that period ,,,especially in close-up by modern camera's.

still it is suspect and stays that way,,,but not 100%

intriguing points ,,,,,

the mark is stamped ,,made a new picture that shows even patina inside the stamp

second picture shows the stamp and the impossibility off hand scratching it in there .

so ,,,to me its bingooooo in that way it will give me a new interesting thing to look fore ,,,maybe in better condition I hope .

there is a chance,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 50/50%.
                          there even two names ,,,theodor Julius Günter and Kollmar& Joudan .

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Montgomery Burns; 04-13-2010, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Yes, in the last pics it looks like it is stamped, not engraved. The mark on the right looks like "FG". ??? Ammersee

Comment

Hi Kay,

If its a fake, I heard from prewter / tin fakes where fakers cut out the mark of a small antique vase/cup/plate and reused-"introduced" them in fake high end items. It just may be that a piece of silver from a jeweler was reused (misused) as an ek back.

Just speculating and it is a loooooong shot with little proof, but just trying to solve the mystery of this curious piece.

Best regards,
                              Michel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X